Victoria Beckham telling LA Women Not to Wear Tracksuit Bottoms

it's amazing how much reporters can twist things:tdown:

my impression of the article is that she's simply saying she's not going to change the way she dresses to fit a different zip code. that's her choice, and there's nothing wrong with that. to each her own. if she wants to wear 4 inch loub's every day, i say, go for it. like lithiumpearl said, she was simply making a harmless observation about what she's seen thus far in LA.

i live in nyc, and when i visited my sister for the first time in LA, i too was shocked at how many people were out and about in brightly colored sweatsuits. there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but i couldn't help but be surprised.

i don't own a pair of sweats or uggs, and even when running errands tend to dress up (sans heels!) bc that's just my personal style, and to be honest, i don't feel comfortable in sweats or uggs. but that's just me.\

again, to each her own;)

I've worked with women from Europe and they often say the same thing. They usually are just making an observation that compared to where they are from women do not dress up as much. I had a colleague from Italy and Switzerland who got me into my fashion fetish. She was always so put together, though she did wear jeans and a T shirt sometimes but she would add a scarf or something to make it more fabulous. Some women in the office admired her style and others hated on her for coming into the office looking like a style icon daily. She inspired me to take more pride in my look and I admire any regular woman (without a staff dedicated to making them look fabulous) who finds the ability to look so great all the time (especially busy working moms).

I think we have to take into consideration the media's penchant for twisting things around for revenue's sake- & please, I've worked for a newspaper for 10 years, so I know what I'm saying.
VB is good copy right now & will sell papers & magazines, I personally think she's a hoot & enjoy her.

i dont see what is so offensive about her comment either. I dont think shes referring to everyone that wears sweats or track pants.Some celebs can still be casual but still look decent for public (eva, lindsay). I know i'm not a celeb or anything but personally I would be hesitant to leave my house as underdressed as some celebs in LA do. It looks like they literally just rolled out of bed and went outside.

and yes maybe Posh dresses up for everything but had they moved to New York i dont think she would immediately be labeled as OVERDRESSED.

everyone seems to criticize posh for being overdressed but how would you react if you went to starbucks tomorrow and saw adult women show up in their PJs.

rachel_bilson_pajamas_big.jpg

^ I would never walk out in public wearing that! UGH.

I understand the need to be comfortable but how hard is it to put on a breezy jersey dress and some flats instead when out in public? I've never worn tracksuits/sweats/PJs out in public and I don't think I ever could. There are too many pretty clothes out there that could be worn instead. Mind you, I couldn't wear what Posh was wearing on the field either....but come on, there has to be some happy middle ground.

I've worked with women from Europe and they often say the same thing. They usually are just making an observation that compared to where they are from women do not dress up as much. I had a colleague from Italy and Switzerland who got me into my fashion fetish. She was always so put together, though she did wear jeans and a T shirt sometimes but she would add a scarf or something to make it more fabulous. Some women in the office admired her style and others hated on her for coming into the office looking like a style icon daily. She inspired me to take more pride in my look and I admire any regular woman (without a staff dedicated to making them look fabulous) who finds the ability to look so great all the time (especially busy working moms).

I agree! I know several women who fits the mold. They always look "pampered" and so does their kids.

i don't see anything wrong with wear tracksuit bottoms and a tshirt, especially if you're just working out or getting coffee. but if you wear them to something important or shopping, then there's a problem. they're quite comfy! =)

Maybe if I had people following me around taking pics and 90% of my life consisted of just trying to look good I'd care more about whether I wear track suits in public.

But being that they are comfy and I live in an area that people are pretty casual, I don't care. Wear a Juicy tracksuit to some places in New Orleans and you look dressed up. Seriously.

I agree with BlkLadyLaw. There was a time in America when women did not wear jeans and wore dresses and skirts. I love my jeans, I reserve my sweats for home and the gym, I have no Uggs. I would actually like to see us American ladies dress a little dressier from time to time. Fifty dollar sweats and a 3K bag, how balanced is that??