Victoria Beckham telling LA Women Not to Wear Tracksuit Bottoms

I don't agree with her at all, as long as the trackie bottoms are nice, clean and have't lost their shape.

I personally think Pink looks great but then she has got a stomach to die for!!!

VB looks better in that old photo with her white tracksuit on than I have seen her look for a while, but then i think she is over dressed most of the time - she needs to relax a bit!

Sigh. Not interested. As long as they don't look really ratty or sloppy (like Lindsay or Eva who in that pic, looks like she may have been working out) then I don't see the problem. I wouldn't wear them out, I prefer jeans, though I did last week when I was sick and needed to make grocery store/pharmacy runs.
I personally wouldn't wear her 4"+ stilettos everywhere and I think that looks a bit out of place (i.e. when she went to the DMV in her show and house hunting).

Seriously, the DMV scene was crazy! And the shoes she wore at the Dodgers game, come on! Even VB can fall victim to a few fashion mis-steps. I would love to be the girl who inherits her collection of Hermes though!

Hmm i feel America is generally rather Laid back & I love that!
You can't walk down the street in a juicy couture tracksuit and people wont always be like WHAT THE HELL?!
I'm sure she will get used to it!

Wow. Whoever wrote that article took VB's comments a bit out of context. It seems to me that she was simply making an observation that Americans, particularly on the West Coast, tend to dress down.

As in, they don't care if they leave the house looking like slobs. I agree completely.

I love VB and find her style really fabulous. I think she has the right to have her own opinion, and I did not see anything offensive in her words. I also think that stars should look more presentable in their everyday life, exactly because they are NOT simple humans, but celebrities.
I know some might disagree, but if I would have so much money and so much fantastic clothes, I would never wear tracksuits and uggs, no matter how comfortable they are.
I think it is one of the aspects you get together with celebrity status- to take care about your look, because you are constantly in the center of attention. I like so much all the stars of, let's say, 40's or 50's. They were always impeccebly dressed, made-up, with a hair-do (think Deeta von Teese nowadays). That's the way celebrities should look! Let them save Uggs and flip-flops for us, simple humans.

She just makes such statements for publicity. I agree with her for a certain extend (like how some Americans here in Europe are dressed when they go visit a city is to go :crybaby: My father wouldn't let me even wear flip flops in cities). But she, also is very extreme and could wear a jeans or something not that 'forced' when she's wearing alaia.

I wouldn't be surprised if they "edited" what she actually said to make her seem like a ***** even though I don't think she actually is. Clearly she likes to dress up & wear heels at all times & probably said something along the lines of I wouldn't wear sweats our personally but I have noticed that others in LA do

I for one, have to agree with her. Young people today dress like they just rolled out of bed! One of my daughters friends is contantly whining about the fact she hasnt had a date or a boyfriend in a long time. She lives in her tacky jucy couture pants all the time, hair in a messy bun, etc.

My daughter however dresses to impress all the time when leaving the house. Oh sure, she wear jeans, etc, but they arent all raggedy on the bottom. She always looks great.

When I lived and worked in NYC, we dressed well. Then when I moved to LA many years ago I was shocked how badly they dress in CA. holy cow! No sense of style at all!

Now before you flame me, no its not everyone, but for the most part, todays 20 somethings dress like crap.

*Fashion* is what she's all about... and with all that money and being in the public eye all the time, why would she ever want to be caught in a track suit? She loves to dress up and I'm all for that... she rocks it. I also agree that her comments are all taken way too seriousy. Maybe it's the commentators that should relax a bit. I don't think she means to be offensive to her LA neighbors anyhow.... she's among them now.

While I have no opinion one way or another about VB (other than, Woman, how many Hermés bags do you NEED?!), I have to agree that too many people here in LA wear track pants way too much of the time. I've said before that it's become de rigeur for women in the West LA/Santa Monica area to try to appear as if they're perpetually on their way either to or from yoga class. I work in an office where many of the younger people come to work dressed for the beach.