VickyB's Hermes Scarf Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such an amazing collection! It must be Christmas in your closet everyday. Excuse my ignorance but would you mind telling me the name of this shawl that I have circled in your pic...

Attachments

• shawl pic.jpg
    shawl pic.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 545
How absolutely brilliant of you to have kept track of the names of your collection. I tip my hat to you. I have not been as wise. I am so looking forward to viewing your collection. It will be such a treat. Thank you for sharing.

How do you store your collection. I am very curious. :biggrin:

Hi All! So excited you are enjoying the thread:woohoo:. I'm just home from work and catching up on all your fun and sweet posts - thanks so much for all the kind words and the laughs!!! W/o further delay, here is the next group of scarves!

Attachments

• tmpphp6dTlSW.jpg
    tmpphp6dTlSW.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,697
Thanks, Luxury! Not so brilliant on my part actually. Back in Oct, MT asked me what scarves I had and I didn't know off the top of my head so I decided to do an inventory for fun for her(and me). I knew I had what I believed to be a decent size collection but nver really gave it much thought :shame: and I didn't really realize how large the collection had become until I started pulling everything out :amazed:! I can't believe how long it took to unfold, record the name and refold everything but it was worth every second!! That's why I just couldn't record all the color ways. Lesson learned - now asap I add each new family member to the list as soon as I get it.

As for how I manage them, I had to do away with using the scarf boxes many moons ago - took up way too much space and they just weren't user/fashion friendly for me. I find that to really use the scarves, I need to be able to see them all. So, I have a large dresser w/ both shallow and deep drawers where they all live very happily . I make sure to always keep the orginal folds, then I fold again in half and have them all sort of displayed like at H. This works well for me b/c at a glance I can see the color ways/patterns and know just what I want to grab for me and or what ever H bag I'm using.:tup:

How absolutely brilliant of you to have kept track of the names of your collection. I tip my hat to you. I have not been as wise. I am so looking forward to viewing your collection. It will be such a treat. Thank you for sharing.

How do you store your collection. I am very curious. :biggrin:

I'm a short-time lurker and first time poster to tPF. I've been reading a few threads about the beautiful scarves and was thinking about posting my collection of scarves, but now I'm too embarrassed after seeing your beauties, Vicky! I have no idea what the names of the scarves are anyway. :smile: Thanks so much for showing your incredible collection. I'm truly awed and am excitedly anticipating your next posts!

Vicky,

You have an outstanding collection!! If you're looking for the name of the scarf that's the mosaic with animals, I think that is "Pavements". The scarf on the lower left, 2nd one up from the bottom.

attachment.php

Hermes Nutty -thanks so much it is Pavements, I didn't know for the logest time!!!

Pauillac - you are much much too kind and you underestimate the beauty of your own collection!! I know everybody would do back flips to see it!!

I'm a short-time lurker and first time poster to tPF. I've been reading a few threads about the beautiful scarves and was thinking about posting my collection of scarves, but now I'm too embarrassed after seeing your beauties, Vicky! I have no idea what the names of the scarves are anyway. :smile: Thanks so much for showing your incredible collection. I'm truly awed and am excitedly anticipating your next posts!

Pauillac, welcome to H. Please do not feel embarrassed, we would love to see your collection even though you do not know the names. The pictures themselves are enough for enjoying. Please do share with us. TYI. :yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.