Vestiaire Collective experiences?

guys..i have my doubt about them..i was looking at ALexander Mcqueen scarves and they were 100% FAKE! if you googlw how to spot fakes MQ scarves you would see that VC have a few and being sold for £100+ (on ebay its £30) please guys do your homework before buying :smile:

Hi there, I bought quite a few clothes from VC over the past 12 months and all was very good and smooth transactions. I also bought two expensive Hermes agenda - which were authentic and no problems. However, I must say - they are poor in communication with customers, my emails took at least 1 week to get them to reply to, they are also slow in item delivery as it depends on the seller getting them sent on time and then quality checks and all. They don't ship to Australia though yet. I got my stuff shipped to USA. I recently say a 2004 Birkin excellnt condition sold for 2900euro.. that can't be true so I am guessing there can be occasional fakes there..

I see that they are still advertising the items i withdrew from sale.

I agree about the communication, the replies took over a week and some weren't replied to at all, this bunch are either grossly understaffed or they're inept.
:mad:

I purchased a Celine shirt about two weeks ago. The shirt went through the quality control pretty quickly (as accepted) but it has now just been waiting for despach for over a week! I can't believe that - for me that's too long in this case.
I have tried to contact but haven't reached them - definitely poor communication with a customer. Too bad! I just need to keep my fingers crossed that they will ship it asap.

Do you have same kind of a experiences?

Thought I'd share my experience with Vestiaire Collective (and it's not good) My husband bought me a 'Tiffany' watch from Vestiaire for Christmas (after weeks of hinting and 'accidently' leaving my laptop open on the relevant item of course) The order went through fine and the watch was delivered in a reasonable amount of time, after stating it had bee checked etc. So Christmas morning arrives and we are sitting around the tree with all of our family and I am presented with the familiar pale green box. When I opened it I was, of course, overjoyed. My joy was short lived however, as soon as I went to put the watch on there was, quite clearly, a stamp on the inside on the strap stating 'made in China' Hmmmmm, alarm bells start ringing especially on closer inspection of the stitching which was uneven and shoddy. Devastated wasn't the word, so straight back in the box it went (which contained no protective wrapping to keep the watch safe during transit I may add) I called them soon after which was difficult as I don't speak much French, so ended up corresponding mainly via email. This was a long and drawn out process with me chasing up every step of the way (being told someone would definitely get back to me several times and no-one did). Eventually I sent the item back, and after more chasing, it was established that the item was fake (they never actually admitted this but agreed to a no questions asked refund) which then took weeks to process. My main issue with the whole thing (apart from the fact that the item was clearly and glaringly a fake) was their 'so what?' attitude afterwards. It was almost like I should have expected the item not to be authentic and I only got a half hearted apology after challenging them about their lack of interest and blatant dismissal of something that they build their very reputation on! Im sure if it became apparent that SOME of their items are fake people would think twice before buying, but maybe other people just assume that such a well endorsed company (by the likes of Vogue!) would have stringent checking procedures to ensure fake items don't fall through the net (although that said, if I noticed my item was a fake within about 2 seconds, it makes me question whether it was ever actually checked at all) I am really gutted that this has been my experience with Vestiaire as when I found out about them I was soooo happy that finally I could get my hands on some fabulous pieces at great prices and not have to worry about authenticity. Sadly, back to paying retail from trustworthy companies I suppose :sad: p.s. I am not a competitor, and I still have the email correspondence if you want to check!

How do you message a Seller? I don't see a link or button......I only see the public comments. TIA!

There is only the public communication . After a week you can make an offer which is private between you and the seller.

Hi, ive just ordered some clothes on this website, The order says its compliant, awaiting to dispatch, I wanted to make sure that compliant means authentic right? I sound soo silly but want to be 100% sure lol

Yes, for them compliant means authentic and as described,

I have some Louboutins and other things I'd like to sell there rather than on ebay but I don't have the invoice/receipts for a lot of them since some of them are a few seasons old. Will Vestiaire reject them because of that? It has a section to upload a picture of the invoice and says failure to do so will mean they will reject

I never have the receipt and that does not prevent me from selling.

I agree about the communication, the replies took over a week and some weren't replied to at all, this bunch are either grossly understaffed or they're inept.
:mad:[/QUOTE]

The communication is very slow. I found that if you complain on the facebook page they reply faster :graucho:.

Thought I'd share my experience with Vestiaire Collective (and it's not good) My husband bought me a 'Tiffany' watch from Vestiaire for Christmas (after weeks of hinting and 'accidently' leaving my laptop open on the relevant item of course) The order went through fine and the watch was delivered in a reasonable amount of time, after stating it had bee checked etc. So Christmas morning arrives and we are sitting around the tree with all of our family and I am presented with the familiar pale green box. When I opened it I was, of course, overjoyed. My joy was short lived however, as soon as I went to put the watch on there was, quite clearly, a stamp on the inside on the strap stating 'made in China' Hmmmmm, alarm bells start ringing especially on closer inspection of the stitching which was uneven and shoddy. Devastated wasn't the word, so straight back in the box it went (which contained no protective wrapping to keep the watch safe during transit I may add) I called them soon after which was difficult as I don't speak much French, so ended up corresponding mainly via email. This was a long and drawn out process with me chasing up every step of the way (being told someone would definitely get back to me several times and no-one did). Eventually I sent the item back, and after more chasing, it was established that the item was fake (they never actually admitted this but agreed to a no questions asked refund) which then took weeks to process. My main issue with the whole thing (apart from the fact that the item was clearly and glaringly a fake) was their 'so what?' attitude afterwards. It was almost like I should have expected the item not to be authentic and I only got a half hearted apology after challenging them about their lack of interest and blatant dismissal of something that they build their very reputation on! Im sure if it became apparent that SOME of their items are fake people would think twice before buying, but maybe other people just assume that such a well endorsed company (by the likes of Vogue!) would have stringent checking procedures to ensure fake items don't fall through the net (although that said, if I noticed my item was a fake within about 2 seconds, it makes me question whether it was ever actually checked at all) I am really gutted that this has been my experience with Vestiaire as when I found out about them I was soooo happy that finally I could get my hands on some fabulous pieces at great prices and not have to worry about authenticity. Sadly, back to paying retail from trustworthy companies I suppose :sad: p.s. I am not a competitor, and I still have the email correspondence if you want to check!

I am sorry you had to deal with that. i always wonderd how it works if you find out that the itme isn't authentic. I am sure all there quality control agents are not experts in everything and I've vowed never to buy AMQ scarves from this site due to othe blatant fakes I see. I've even contacted them about scarves sold to let them know they are fake and can oly hope the buyers are refunded or the sale cancelled.
I have purchased from them often and never received a fake (knock on wood). I tend to have my items authenticated before purchase and afrer arrival.
All that said I haven't written them off. I still shop there but as someon else staed verify the selling price with the boutique price. Sue to their large commission seller sometimes list higher than in store prices. Also, you can communicate in English.

I have just started buying with this site and have been really impressed. But I have just found out a bag i bought from them two months ago is fake after getting it looked at by Authenticate4u. Fingers crossed that I get my money back without any problems! I wouldn't buy a bag from them again!

Reactions: GlammaGurl
I saw a fake Céline Luggage Phantom being listed as genuine recently and I think they took it down after the numerous angry comments left by other users.

It's really a case of buyers beware. Some great deals to be had from time to time but exercise due caution.

I thought I should update my experience with Vestiaire Collective.

I mentioned that I purchased a beautiful Céline shirt above. Well, I never received it. Finally, after maany contacts I got an answer that my shirt was now dispatched.
Time went and I was waiting... I contacted them again and was told that the shirt seems to be dispatched but because of "techical bug" they can't track it and that they will send me a refund.

I'm so sad! I had dreamed of this specific shirt for so long, found it but never received... I can't believe that it just disappeared...just can't!

Only silver lining was that I got my refund but all in all I had a terrible experience with Vestiaire Collective...

I have yet to buy anything from them so cannot make any judgement on that front, but I can vouch for selling with them which I have done numerous times now - a very smooth process. I have been asked to show proof of purchase a few times before they would accept the item to be advertised though.

Has anyone bought form this site and got there money back easily? Although authenticate4u have stated the bag i bought is counterfeit it seems a long drawn out process for this to be looked at by the site and I am concerned whether i will get my money back...

There is only the public communication . After a week you can make an offer which is private between you and the seller.

Yes, for them compliant means authentic and as described,

I never have the receipt and that does not prevent me from selling.

:mad:

The communication is very slow. I found that if you complain on the facebook page they reply faster :graucho:.

I am sorry you had to deal with that. i always wonderd how it works if you find out that the itme isn't authentic. I am sure all there quality control agents are not experts in everything and I've vowed never to buy AMQ scarves from this site due to othe blatant fakes I see. I've even contacted them about scarves sold to let them know they are fake and can oly hope the buyers are refunded or the sale cancelled.
I have purchased from them often and never received a fake (knock on wood). I tend to have my items authenticated before purchase and afrer arrival.
All that said I haven't written them off. I still shop there but as someon else staed verify the selling price with the boutique price. Sue to their large commission seller sometimes list higher than in store prices. Also, you can communicate in English.[/QUOTE]

I also get mine authenticated before and after buying. Unfortunately for me, it still turned out to be counterfeit. Only discovered when i went to resell some time later and went to get a statement that it was authentic.

I have bought and sold through Vestiaire, my experiences were not good, their communication is extremely poor and if you call them, you are often left on a looping automated system for at least 25 minutes before anyone answers.

I urge all buyers to use an independent authentication service post-purchase.

They have several fakes on their site and have deemed many fake items authentic and vice versa. They even had a fake Chanel dress in their 'we love' category (Vestiaire's favorites).

They deemed one of my bags fake when it was purchased directly from a Chanel staff sale! Whilst the bag was in their possession, I offered to pay at my own expense for two independent opinions from recognized Chanel authentication services, they ignored all my emails and eventually returned my bag. Needless to say, I ended all my listings and now sell elsewhere.

From what I understand, their authenticators authenticate by comparing pictures from reference books as opposed to having first hand knowledge. I do not trust their so-called Chanel authenticators.

Last edited: