Vestiaire Collective experiences?

A lovely member of purse forum said the bag was fake. -_- the site, VC, is still confirming and gave me the guarantee of the authenticity. I cant understand the true. For this reason I'm thinking to ask for an official authentication to mypoupette.com to have also a certificate to make eventually a claim. The only "problem" is that this kind of official certification is very very expensive for luxury bags and I don't want to loose much money. -_- I'm so sad.
I bought also an Hermes bag and I'm waiting for an opinion of PF members... I'll tell you more asap!!
Thanks

Reactions: scbarragan
i deal with them a lot

BUT

they say they have a team of experts to authenticate, well they are certainly not all experts ... as i offered a pair of authentic shoes and they said they were not... i mean please, i am in the business myself and i know what i deal with ..
so yeah that is a problem there as they seem to know the real from the fakes but quite a few FAKE proenza schouler bags made the cut as well so not sure how they authenticate.

also they never replied to most of my direct emails to them and when you call the phone rings for ever...when i once got through she told me they have sooo many emails.. uhm yeah, dont we all?! but for an online site you gotta deal with it by at least acknowledging receipt of my email, no?!

anyway, you also get these really obnoxious people who wanna ruin your sale by just writing comments to break your sale.. regarding price or simply questioning authenticty in a very bad and stupid way... (thinking they know it all)
but of course, these people are NEVER the ones that are actually interested in your item..

and lastly their comission is CRAZY but for some reason they still have the last word over your final price on your offered item.. huh?
so if you are selling something 700 euros, YOU only get about 499 euros..

having said all that, i still deal with them: sell and buy quite a bit!
i still recommend it but be warned of the above.

My Céline shoes arrived yesterday. I requested for gift wrapping and a personalised card and the card was missing. The wrapping was very shoddy and lazy. It was definitely not worth the extra 5€ so if anyone wants that option in future, please reconsider.

Also, I got hit by customs for it. Ugh!

Reactions: GlitterEyebags
I've bought from VC often and each time was a positive experience from start to finish.
I bought Hermes and Celine items and they were well priced and in excellent condition, from my own experiences i'd recommend them.

I have some Louboutins and other things I'd like to sell there rather than on ebay but I don't have the invoice/receipts for a lot of them since some of them are a few seasons old. Will Vestiaire reject them because of that? It has a section to upload a picture of the invoice and says failure to do so will mean they will reject

Hello from Sydney, have tried to purchase Isabel Marant from this site. I have signed up and all okay, until purchase no Country Australia exists missed purchase. Looks great site, hope they include us too: :smile::smile:

In this post i'm going to be critical because of a recent experience i've had with them.

As i have previously mentioned, i've bought from them several times and the transactions and the goods have been just fine, no complaints at all.

However, last month i tried to sell 2 handbags with them and what a fiasco that was :mad:

Because you can't message the seller directly you can only add comments in the relevant area beneath the item you're selling - and you 'communicate that way. (very difficult to explain unless you know the site)

You are reliant on the sites' main system - which in my own experience doesn't update the information daily and doesn't post every comment you've made - it was taking me days to be informed there was a buyer so i decided to ring and speak to someone there - which had no impact at all on the situation.

On 3 occasions a buyer was trying to pay me, but again, the system didn't inform me, i had no idea it was happening until the would-be purchaser told me i had to sort out the problem !

So, again i rang them and explained the whole problem and was told there were no offers on this particular item and there was no problem with the system, i was breathing fire by this point :mad::censor:

The upshot was, i removed the 2 bags from sale and will possibly try a different place to sell them.

I can't help but wonder if it's just a problem that the UK side of the business is having, are they so busy there that they don't have enough staff to be able to run this side of the company properly ???

I'd love to hear from anyone else who might have had this problem.

Last edited: