Veneta in Lilac vs. Elephant

Personally the elephant is really a very chic color and wearable..

For awhile now I am thinking that many of these "fashion" colors are also classic &

very wearable.. you can do the elephant and maybe get lucky when the sale comes around & get the best of both worlds..

Getting both would be ideal. May I ask how much does the seasonal BV get on sale? I live in the U.S. hotshot, you have a good point there.

More votes on Lilac because of my note :biggrin:.
Seasonal colors on classic styles do go on sale.
Still waiting for our BV experts to advise if they ever felt that BV seasonal colors become outdated.

IMO, and it is just an opinion, the FW would be less likely to feel dated because they tend to be more neutral. to me, the resort colors, like last year's neons, are more like to feel dated. two nice counter points though 1) BV styles/colors feel pretty timeless on the whole so even though azure, for example, was used by a lot of designers last resort season, and would be recognizably "last year's color" this season i could still see it being used every season while hanging out in la cote d'azur:smile: and 2) every color seems to come back around again.

we need baggiana, boxermom and jburgh and some of the ladies with older pieces to weigh in!

Getting both would be ideal. May I ask how much does the seasonal BV get on sale? I live in the U.S. hotshot, you have a good point there.

Thank you doloresmia for your input
I am also interested to know about BV pre-sale/sale.
Other than cabats, what classic styles do not go on sale?

Thanks for all the information. You gals are so informative. Silly me actually called the boutique and asked the SA which color is more popular this year. Both stores I called told me it's a very close call. Hmm..... Took DH's advice and bought a bright green designer purse once, love the bag still except for the color. I am taking my time to pick the right color this time. The BV store told me their stock are still good for both color so I still have sometime to think. :thinking:

I still can't decide yet. I guess I NEED to go to the BV boutique during the Labor Day weekend to check both color out. :cutesy: Any reason to head down to the BV store is good reason, hehee...

I adore both colors, but if I had to choose, I would choose elephant because it's such a perfect color - not gray, not brown, sort of in the middle. It goes with everything.

ssc - the elephant in your roma looks so different from the elephant in other bags. i think i love it best in the roma and in one of the men's bags

My friend has a two handle bag in elephant.
I don't know the name of the bag.
It's a new style.
Her elephant bag looks exactly the same as ssc's.
It's really pretty and neutral yet feminine.

ELEPHANT is my vote.

(Lilac is very nice too but it's more seasonal : )

Everyone, thanks very much for all your input here. I really appreicate all the helps. I headed to the BV boutique today and decided the Lilac won my heart. However, I came home empty handed. :crybaby: I tried to educate myself on the BV purses with the wonderful SA and of course I asked about the cabat. I can't get my hands off the cabat so I decided to postpone my purchase to raised more fund for a cabat. I would love to have that Veneta in Lilac but I just can't get everything with my furloughs.

Chrisy- so glad you had fun at bv. i know you'll love the cabat and very sensible to put off a veneta purchase and save. if you have a convenient bv keep visiting so you can familiarize yourself with all your options- color, skins etc. there are always new colors to tempt us.