Veneta Comparison

What an amazing and informative post! Tysm!

Any chance you can take a picture of the medium new style on your shoulder?

I’m also curious if the new style came in a small size? Since the medium is so much larger.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jbags07
What an amazing and informative post! Tysm!

Any chance you can take a picture of the medium new style on your shoulder?

I’m also curious if the new style came in a small size? Since the medium is so much larger.
Thank you so much, and my pleasure :flowers:
I am pretty sure the newer version did not come smalller then the medium, & was only produced in those 2 sizes. As @Euclase mentioned in the other thread, Venetas had been around for awhile at that point and were waning in popularity as there were a lot of other bag styles that were becoming more popular. Plus hobos themselves were fading a bit in general at that point ……

The newer style medium you are interested in is going to be close in size to the old style large. Its a great size and you can definitely find some on the resale market….you do need to look almost daily b/c good condition Venetas sell pretty fast. The bag market is super slow right now though, and a lot of bags are sitting for longer periods, so now is the time to buy if you are able to, if you find one you love.

• Insightful
Reactions: Euclase
Thank you so much, and my pleasure :flowers:
I am pretty sure the newer version did not come smalller then the medium, & was only produced in those 2 sizes. As @Euclase mentioned in the other thread, Venetas had been around for awhile at that point and were waning in popularity as there were a lot of other bag styles that were becoming more popular. Plus hobos themselves were fading a bit in general at that point ……

The newer style medium you are interested in is going to be close in size to the old style large. Its a great size and you can definitely find some on the resale market….you do need to look almost daily b/c good condition Venetas sell pretty fast. The bag market is super slow right now though, and a lot of bags are sitting for longer periods, so now is the time to buy if you are able to, if you find one you love.
Ah interesting! I was hoping for a slightly smaller bag so it seems like my decision to purchase the old design Veneta medium was the right one! Now I can stop spiraling lol. In other news… for anyone who is interested, look at this beautiful new style Veneta with a price drop to $900! She’s beautiful! :heart:

Reactions: jbags07
Updated collection. I’ve sold some and added some!

IMG_6639.jpeg
Mini Venetas.
Ebano Intagli, tiger maple, burnt orange, Ebano Dune, Turbolence, Nero

IMG_7054.jpeg
Medium Venetas
Nero, Tiger Maple, Petal, Duchesse, Armatura, Omotesando Biscotto, Corniola

IMG_7058.jpeg
Large Venetas with one Medium in the ‘new’ style
Nero nappa velours, nero, tourmaline, menthe, regent green, sapphire, atlantic, Indigo Nappa Silk Mini Ponza

IMG_7070.jpeg
Large Venetas
Ebano, Maroon Nappa Velours, Cervo Deerskin Ostrich Lizard Intrecciato 50th Anniversary, Paille Ostrich, Paille Nuvolato, Camel, Cassis, shadow embroidered python cervo

IMG_6634.jpeg
These are my Exotic Venetas…..love them all so much…
The embroidered Veneta is a favorite, and was created for the opening of a BV flagship store in Japan in 2006… the Omotesando Karung Veneta in Biscotto….
Embroidered python & cervo shadow Veneta, Cervo Deerskin Ostrich Lizard Intrecciato 50th Anniversary, Omotesando, & ostrich/struzzo Veneta

View attachment 5889716
Mini Venetas.

View attachment 5889717
Medium Venetas

View attachment 5889718
Nero nappa velours, nero, tourmaline, menthe, regent green, sapphire, atlantic, Indigo Nappa Silk Mini Ponza

View attachment 5889719
Large Venetas
Ebano, Maroon Nappa Velours, Cervo Deerskin Ostrich Lizard Intrecciato 50th Anniversary, Paille Ostrich, Paille Nuvolato, Camel, Cassis, shadow embroidered python cervo

View attachment 5889720
The embroidered Veneta is a favorite, and was created for the opening of a BV flagship store in Japan in 2006… the Omotesando Karung Veneta in Biscotto….
Embroidered python & cervo shadow Veneta, Cervo Deerskin Ostrich Lizard Intrecciato 50th Anniversary, Omotesando, & ostrich/struzzo Veneta
Incredible collection!

View attachment 5889716
Mini Venetas.

View attachment 5889717
Medium Venetas

View attachment 5889718

View attachment 5889719
Large Venetas

View attachment 5889720
This is absolutely amazing! The Veneta is one of my favorites…your collection is stunning!😍

Seasoned BVettes are very familiar with the Veneta, the various sizes and styles. But to those of us who discovered the Veneta post TM, its not possible to go to the boutique and view the various sizes. Sometimes its helpful to see the various sizes together before making a purchase. And b/c the Veneta changed in several ways in 2015/2016, it can be confusing to those unfamiliar (as I was), when they are scouring the internet for that perfect first Veneta. So i took a bunch of pix and labeled them (forgive the sloppy handwriting please :lol: ), as this is intended as a purely educational exercise!

Old Veneta refers to the older style, prior to 2015/2016 when several changes were made. These bags have raw edges, flatter handles without the intrecciato weave, bottoms are more squared, and each is a tad smaller then its New Style counterpart.

New Style refers to the Venetas produced during and after the 2015/2016 season. The edges are sealed, giving it a more finished look…the handles are puffier and have the intrecciato weave extending up the handle…the bottom corners are more rounded in shape….and the bags are a tad larger then their old style counterparts.

BV experts please comment if I got anything wrong or forgot to add anything. As i sit here it occurs to me i should measure each bag…I can do that tomorrow and post the measurements. A lot of Venetas are not being labeled correctly on reseller sites. The New style medium in Sapphire I will post below, was listed for example as a large…the color was so pretty i decided to keep it, but its definitely a medium, as you can see next to Nero.
I'm jumping in with a bit more context at the request of @jbags07 . This was pulled from the Bottega "Hobo" Bag thread.
  • TM was creative director of BV from 2001-2017.

• I don't know what exactly what year the Veneta silhouette was released; Looking back at the reference library, I think it was 2005-ish maybe. (I welcome corrections!)

• The non-woven-handle style was sold for 10-ish years (circa 2005-2014), and the fully-woven-handle was sold for 4-ish years (circa 2014-2017).

• Also my hunch is that the number of Veneta hobos that BV produced from 2014+ was relatively lower overall. BV started selling different hobo-silhouette bags that became quite popular too, e.g. what's commonly called the Loop hobo.
Unfortunately the only way to find a 2014+ Veneta is to put on sweatpants, charge up your computer, start a binge-worthy show in the background, and get ready to scroll like a lot on the resale sites. That or break into the closet of @jbags07 which would be frowned upon.