Veneta Comparison

jbags07

May 31, 2018
Seasoned BVettes are very familiar with the Veneta, the various sizes and styles. But to those of us who discovered the Veneta post TM, its not possible to go to the boutique and view the various sizes. Sometimes its helpful to see the various sizes together before making a purchase. And b/c the Veneta changed in several ways in 2015/2016, it can be confusing to those unfamiliar (as I was), when they are scouring the internet for that perfect first Veneta. So i took a bunch of pix and labeled them (forgive the sloppy handwriting please :lol: ), as this is intended as a purely educational exercise!

Old Veneta refers to the older style, prior to 2015/2016 when several changes were made. These bags have raw edges, flatter handles without the intrecciato weave, bottoms are more squared, and each is a tad smaller then its New Style counterpart.

New Style refers to the Venetas produced during and after the 2015/2016 season. The edges are sealed, giving it a more finished look…the handles are puffier and have the intrecciato weave extending up the handle…the bottom corners are more rounded in shape….and the bags are a tad larger then their old style counterparts.

BV experts please comment if I got anything wrong or forgot to add anything. As i sit here it occurs to me i should measure each bag…I can do that tomorrow and post the measurements. A lot of Venetas are not being labeled correctly on reseller sites. The New style medium in Sapphire I will post below, was listed for example as a large…the color was so pretty i decided to keep it, but its definitely a medium, as you can see next to Nero.

WOWZA! very helpful, and informative... All different sizes, old and new, in one place :yahoo::tup:
Thank you so much for taking the time to take these pictures! You have a beautiful Veneta collection :love:

• Love
Reactions: jbags07
WOWZA! very helpful, and informative... All different sizes, old and new, in one place :yahoo::tup:
Thank you so much for taking the time to take these pictures! You have a beautiful Veneta collection :love:
Thank you :flowers: it can be a rabbit hole:lol: i have quite a few more, in various colors/sizes. I can post those here too if anyone is interested in seeing what some of the colors look like….some of the pix on the color thread are no longer visible, and all of my Venetas except the 2 new style pictured, are all older bags….

Reactions: Mirisaa and dolali
Thank you :flowers: it can be a rabbit hole:lol: i have quite a few more, in various colors/sizes. I can post those here too if anyone is interested in seeing what some of the colors look like….some of the pix on the color thread are no longer visible, and all of my Venetas except the 2 new style pictured, are all older bags….

If it is not too much trouble, I would LOVE to see your Venetas!

• Love
Reactions: jbags07