Veining in black togo?

Togo is all over the place and you can probably find one without the veining. I don't care for it much either, but someone just the other day was saying they had togo without the veining - and it was very pretty.

I agree that the veining is more noticeable in dark colours - whether togo or fjord, but I :heart: the veining in 35cm or larger birkins. Otherwise the togo grain is too small & regular on a large bag to my eye. I have seen a 45 in togo that wasn't veined & it looked a little blah to me. It may depend in the colour. Similarly, I think heavy veining is too busy in a small bag. How did I get so particular? LOL. I had a look at a 40cm black fjord a few weeks ago & loved the subtle veining, as it gave the bag some interest IMO.

What does veining mean? The size of the grain?

I just bought Gold Togo 30cm this morning and I notice that the grains are big compare to my Ulysee togo and bumpy/elevate more when compared to Clemence....

They are lines that run vertically all over, look kind of like thin lines of water dripping down. I am bad at describing this. I think if you look up some old threads you will see pictures. I think it's kind of interesting looking. On my chocolate Togo I alwas think it looks like a dribble of melting chocolate.

They are lines that run vertically all over, look kind of like thin lines of water dripping down. I am bad at describing this. I think if you look up some old threads you will see pictures. I think it's kind of interesting looking. On my chocolate Togo I alwas think it looks like a dribble of melting chocolate.
This is a perfect description.

MillStream, if it were me, I would not ask for a nonveined togo bag to be ordered and....here's why. The SAs cannot control the veining and neither can Hermes. It's just *there* and it's a part of Togo.

And Hermes does not see this as a negative thing. It's a perfectly natural aspect of the skin.

I agree with you, isus, and was just glad to hear that jedimaster would pass on a bag that isn't entirely to her liking. I would not think of ordering a Togo without veining, but my SA does know my preference and was able find a Togo Birkin for me as I like it to look. These bags are way too pricey to buy what isn't pleasing to our eyes.

I just hope I can muster the patience to hold out for just the right togo (28 retourne kelly with silver hardware in black - I would have to say I have been dreaming about this bag for about four years now and its practically painful to pass on it, but I am going to wait it out if it kills me) Thanks everybody for keeping me on track.

Thank you so much! Perfect explanation.... I will take a look at mine and see if it's veiny or not. :yes::yes:

personally, i like a little veining, but not too much. but whether you like veining or not, you have to appreciate the variations -- a reminder that this comes from a live animal and not a machine. here's a good picture of the veins

chocolatekelly.jpg

personally, i like a little veining, but not too much. but whether you like veining or not, you have to appreciate the variations -- a reminder that this comes from a live animal and not a machine. here's a good picture of the veins

chocolatekelly.jpg

This is good veining. The one I was contemplating, had about three times as many veins in the front - the veins were about 5 cm apart, and there were maybe ten veins, on a small (28) bag. Not unattractive or anything, actually quite lovely, but just maybe too exotic looking for me. Actuaully made the bag look more dressy for togo, but not what I had visualized for me.