VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

Quick advice question.

Do you think I can use the VCA Couture solitaire as a right hand ring? I have a significant credit at NM right now because I returned a platinum/diamond ring that did not work out as a RHR.

My local NM has a beautiful ring in this style with a nice sized diamond. It's stunning on my hand. The credit more than covers the ring, plus YG Frivole earrings (mid-size) and one or two Perlee bands.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 7.15.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 7.15.38 PM.png
    275.1 KB · Views: 836
Quick advice question.

Do you think I can use the VCA Couture solitaire as a right hand ring? I have a significant credit at NM right now because I returned a platinum/diamond ring that did not work out as a RHR.

My local NM has a beautiful ring in this style with a nice sized diamond. It's stunning on my hand. The credit more than covers the ring, plus YG Frivole earrings (mid-size) and one or two Perlee bands.
Definitely! If it looks stunning on you, definitely get it! (Plus all the other stuff!)

Quick advice question.

EB, wouldn’t you prefer to use that “significant credit” towards something being offered for the 50th?

Just a suggestion...

That is given that the CN has no expiration [emoji1374]

Hadassa, I've been thinking about that. There may be some time sensitivity to this credit. It really is more of an exchange. The YG Frivole diamond ring may be the best answer. I also have significant Neiman's points from a large purchase at the end of 2017 that I might put towards a 50th anniversary piece. I'm seriously considering the PG/Diamond/Grey MOP 10-motif.

Hadassa, I've been thinking about that. There may be some time sensitivity to this credit. It really is more of an exchange. The YG Frivole diamond ring may be the best answer. I also have significant Neiman's points from a large purchase at the end of 2017 that I might put towards a 50th anniversary piece. I'm seriously considering the PG/Diamond/Grey MOP 10-motif.

Love this dilemma- the YG Frivole ring would be my choice but it’s on my
List so I’m biased
You have fabulous taste
What ever you choose will be perfect

Reactions: BBC

Please don’t “settle” just because it’s an exchange. These pieces are pretty expensive and I think enough thought process should go into it. L[emoji173]️VE it and let your heart [emoji173]️ do a happy dance every time you look down at your hands or even think about it.

Love this dilemma- the YG Frivole ring would be my choice but it’s on my
List so I’m biased
You have fabulous taste
What ever you choose will be perfect

TT, I know this will complete your YG FRIVOLE “set” nicely [emoji1360]

And to be honest, if I had to choose a VCA ring, it would be an iconic piece - more specifically, any of the BTF rings.

Anyone have the mini frivole pendant in white gold? I’m looking to expand my collection in WG since I have pieces in the other metals. I don’t live near a store so any input would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Speaking of frivole, does someone have comparison pictures of the small vs. the mini earrings? I am trying to decide between the two, I like comfortable earrings but I don't want tiny earrings either. Anybody want to give me input deciding between the two sizes. Thanks.
The sweets are tiny.
The small frivole earrings are perfect for every day.
Another consideration- the sweets are post and the small have the omega clasp.

Reactions: BBC and spylove22
thanks, I was wondering are the mini frivoles just as tiny as the sweet alhambra ones or do they appear bigger because I find the sweets really really tiny! I don't have the omega backs but I've read all the posts I could find on this subject and seems like some people find it comfortable for all day wear and some people don't, so I'm kinda torn!! Can you wear the small frivole size and vintage alhambra size all day and not hurt your ears?
The sweets are tiny.
The small frivole earrings are perfect for every day.
Another consideration- the sweets are post and the small have the omega clasp.

thanks, I was wondering are the mini frivoles just as tiny as the sweet alhambra ones or do they appear bigger because I find the sweets really really tiny! I don't have the omega backs but I've read all the posts I could find on this subject and seems like some people find it comfortable for all day wear and some people don't, so I'm kinda torn!! Can you wear the small frivole size and vintage alhambra size all day and not hurt your ears?
Sorry, these aren't the best photos (just what I found on my phone) but hopefully they'll help give you an idea.
Sweet Alhambra model.jpg Mini frivole model.jpg