VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

In terms of weight :sad:

Haha I'm a bit surprised that I'm the only one who thinks it's heavy.. maybe my weigh tolerance level is simply too low :P I've the 6-motif pave sweet Alhambra bracelet already so I am passing the vintage one. Still struggling any Perlee Clover - looooooove the design but don't like the feel. I'm not sure if I'll regret for getting it or regretting for not getting..

Oh and one more thing, my size is stuck between S size and M size. S is slightly tight on me but at the same time M is a bit too loose. My palms are tiny so even if M fits my wrist more the bracelet can get almost close to my fingers when I leave my hand down.. my SA told me these bracelets are not resizable nor I could special order my perfect size...
My advice to you is to wait on this bracelet.
You seem to have too many hesitations and it just might not be the right piece for you. It's an expensive purchase and there are so many other lovely choices.

Reactions: Phoenix123
lol -- not my best result at a modeling pic, but did the best I could on a Saturday morning. :lol:

2f14ea8d-1598-46aa-80bc-15ac95a9664b_zpsahpfcm8z.jpg

In terms of weight :sad:

Haha I'm a bit surprised that I'm the only one who thinks it's heavy.. maybe my weigh tolerance level is simply too low :P I've the 6-motif pave sweet Alhambra bracelet already so I am passing the vintage one. Still struggling any Perlee Clover - looooooove the design but don't like the feel. I'm not sure if I'll regret for getting it or regretting for not getting..

Oh and one more thing, my size is stuck between S size and M size. S is slightly tight on me but at the same time M is a bit too loose. My palms are tiny so even if M fits my wrist more the bracelet can get almost close to my fingers when I leave my hand down.. my SA told me these bracelets are not resizable nor I could special order my perfect size...

My wrist sounds similar size to yours, however my wrist shape is very oval which means that I can get away with wearing the M more easily, the bracelet catches on my wrist bones, but if I pushed it, it would also get to my fingers. I also almost got a size small but it was a little too tight for my comfort.

I agree with TGG that the bracelet is very expensive so I would wait and think. Plus there's already been quite a few price increases, hopefully VCA will hold off this year, so you don't have to worry about it suddenly shooting up in price (I hope!).

Reactions: Phoenix123
I went to try on the Perlee Clover bracelet a few more times recently - I still love it, but I started finding it a bit too heavy for my taste... now I'm struggling should I still get it for my birthday as it'll be very likely to be sitting in the safe and I'll only wear it a few times a year. I prefer to purchase items that I could wear more often. Now I'm thinking what I should get for my birthday instead and I couldn't come up with any particular items...
I do not think you should give up on the Perlee Clover bracelet. I own it and wear it so much. It is so easy to wear and when wearing it I hardly know it is on. I wear it with my YG diamond love bracelet and my Perlee bangle and it does not seem heavy to me at all. I think you would get used to it. Another nice piece to add if you hold off with the Perlee Clover bracelet is the Perlee bangle. It is so fun to wear as an everyday bracelet. Have you tried it on? Good luck and I hope you find something you love.

I do not think you should give up on the Perlee Clover bracelet. I own it and wear it so much. It is so easy to wear and when wearing it I hardly know it is on. I wear it with my YG diamond love bracelet and my Perlee bangle and it does not seem heavy to me at all. I think you would get used to it. Another nice piece to add if you hold off with the Perlee Clover bracelet is the Perlee bangle. It is so fun to wear as an everyday bracelet. Have you tried it on? Good luck and I hope you find something you love.

Slightly OT, do you have a pic of you wearing the Perlee Clover with the pave Love? I'd love to see. I have both as well, but have not worn them stacked together. I'm afraid of the Perlee Clover scratching the Love; does yours?

My advice to you is to wait on this bracelet.
You seem to have too many hesitations and it just might not be the right piece for you. It's an expensive purchase and there are so many other lovely choices.

My wrist sounds similar size to yours, however my wrist shape is very oval which means that I can get away with wearing the M more easily, the bracelet catches on my wrist bones, but if I pushed it, it would also get to my fingers. I also almost got a size small but it was a little too tight for my comfort.

I agree with TGG that the bracelet is very expensive so I would wait and think. Plus there's already been quite a few price increases, hopefully VCA will hold off this year, so you don't have to worry about it suddenly shooting up in price (I hope!).

I agree. It's a lot of money to be unsure about. I'd wait. You'll know when the right piece comes along, it'll make your heart sing.

Thanks everyone! Ive been thinking over and over these days and admittedly I really love it. It has been a few times that I'm close to saying yes to it but hold back because I couldn't decide if I should go for RG or WG.

I think my size is similar to kat99 so it seems that size M is the right way to go.

RG or WG is still the question. I love both and I think they look very different. I think my heart is a tad leaning towards WG but as mentioned before I've more RG pendants to match. Given that I already have the RG Perlee clover pendant do you think I should go for the WG? I'm not planning to wear them together. And just in case if anyone didn't see the pic I posted earlier, here it is again:

IMG_1484631708.375873.jpg

Oh well I still have more than a month to decide.. :smile: thanks everyone for you input!

Thanks everyone! Ive been thinking over and over these days and admittedly I really love it. It has been a few times that I'm close to saying yes to it but hold back because I couldn't decide if I should go for RG or WG.

I think my size is similar to kat99 so it seems that size M is the right way to go.

RG or WG is still the question. I love both and I think they look very different. I think my heart is a tad leaning towards WG but as mentioned before I've more RG pendants to match. Given that I already have the RG Perlee clover pendant do you think I should go for the WG? I'm not planning to wear them together. And just in case if anyone didn't see the pic I posted earlier, here it is again:

View attachment 3576904

Oh well I still have more than a month to decide.. :smile: thanks everyone for you input!
Tough decision...they both look great on you :heart:

View attachment 3576904

Ugh! I had the same exact dilemma as you are having right now. I wear tons of WG/ platinum jewellery and almost always choose WG/ Pt over RG or YG. When I went to VCA the very first time (yeah, I'd seen their jewellery on window displays but had never actually gone inside, dunno why - anyway I digress! lol), I fell in love with the RG version and thought the WG one was too cold, too stark - probably bc of the high polish. I saw on another thread recently whereby someone else used the same exact wording ("too cold") and she too went for the RG version. Hoooowever, I am Asian and have a lot of yellow undertones, I find the RG Perlee Clover blends into my skin (their RG and YG are very similar to my eyes) and doesn't pop as much. I wish I'd gone for the WG version now. I find for example, my Cartier Love WG pave reeeally stands out, a lot more than my RG Perlee Clover. I still love my RG Perlee Clover, don't get me wrong. But wish I'd gone for the WG one instead - also easier to match with my other jewellery.
I attach a pic of my both my Cartier WG and VCA RG, hope that helps.

Attachments

• Phoenix_VCA & Cartier.jpg
    Phoenix_VCA & Cartier.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:
Ugh! I had the same exact dilemma as you are having right now. I wear tons of WG/ platinum jewellery and almost always choose WG/ Pt over RG or YG. When I went to VCA the very first time (yeah, I'd seen their jewellery on window displays but had never actually gone inside, dunno why - anyway I digress! lol), I fell in love with the RG version and thought the WG one was too cold, too stark - probably bc of the high polish. I saw on another thread recently whereby someone else used the same exact wording ("too cold") and she too went for the RG version. Hoooowever, I am Asian and have a lot of yellow undertones, I find the RG Perlee Clover blends into my skin (their RG and YG are very similar to my eyes) and doesn't pop as much. I wish I'd gone for the WG version now. I find for example, my Cartier Love WG pave reeeally stands out, a lot more than my RG Perlee Clover. I still love my RG Perlee Clover, don't get me wrong. But wish I'd gone for the WG one instead - also easier to match with my other jewellery.
I attach a pic of my both my Cartier WG and VCA RG, hope that helps.

Thanks for sharing! I'm Asian too and your experience helps me a lot!