VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

I wonder if related to the design since clash has all the moving parts maybe it needs to be a harder gold (I would assume RG is slightly softer but maybe I’m totally wrong, don’t remember chemistry any more haha). it’s funny I liked that about it, but I for some reason never tried on any rose gold til my SA told me to try on the VA earrings and I loved it. I was “done” with my VA collection, but now I am strongly considering adding the bracelet and/or necklace :yucky: Officially converted into a RG fan!
I love their RG, it’s so pretty.

Hello Does anyone have a photo of the 5 motif rose gold guilloche and carnelian bracelet paired/stacked with a yellow gold bracelet? Really would like to see how these pieces look stacked? I’d love to see how any of you mix rose and yellow gold vca bracelets.

Reactions: AnaBeavTheOG
Hello Does anyone have a photo of the 5 motif rose gold guilloche and carnelian bracelet paired/stacked with a yellow gold bracelet? Really would like to see how these pieces look stacked? I’d love to see how any of you mix rose and yellow gold vca bracelets.
Are you looking for stone and YG combo or full gold bracelet to compare to carnelian and guilloche bracelet

Are you looking for stone and YG combo or full gold bracelet to compare to carnelian and guilloche bracelet
Trying to see how 2 bracelets look next to each other, a rose gold carnelian paired/stacked with a yellow gold guilloche for example. Really just wanting to see how the rose and yellow golds look when worn together with carnelian. Thank you

Ooh thank you dear for that feedback. Yesss I do love the fact that it can be worn with so many stones. Also, I love the fact that it doesn’t scream VCA right away.
I wish there was a member with the 12 motifs lucky alhambra so to visualize it with different outfits. I have this bad habit of needing to visualize things before buying them.
Did you ever get it?
I happened to be at VCA looking for new pieces. The SA showed me this.

It is gorgeous! Super fun and casual!

You may know me by now…
I dress super casual out of the office, and no staged mod shots. I shop dressed super casual too; I don’t dress up when I shop.

Here it is with my beloved striped tees!

The motifs are large, so it’s not childish at all.
I love this necklace.

IMG_2448.png

wondering if anyone has seen this reversible ring in person? thoughts? looks pretty in photo and a useful 2 in 1
A few people have reviewed across some of the VCA threads. Start with this one and go backwards :smile:

Reactions: AnaBeavTheOG
Apologies if this has been asked before, I am quite new to VCA. Today I noticed the Perlée d'or (single) bracelet popped up on the website in a S size. I thought this particular bracelet was sized in XS, then jumped to M. This is how it looks on their sizing guide anyway. Is the S a new thing for this piece or is it just a glitch in the sizing guide?

Hello there,
has anyone got the lucky 12 motifs? I need some inspiration. I haven’t seen it much around. Is it easy enough to pair up with different wardrobes? Any pros and cons?
To match I currently have the MOP 5 motifs bracelet and the following earrings : MOP Vintage YG, Magic Malachite, 4 motifs MOP (for more drama!)

Thanks a lot for your feedback and modshotsView attachment 5787870
I have this and i adore it. Don’t get to wear it too much right now as I manage a household with 3 little kids.

IMG_8713.jpeg
Here 8 months preggo with my 3rd kid.

IMG_8712.jpeg

Here with a cotton tee.

I love it. You can’t go wrong!

I have this and i adore it. Don’t get to wear it too much right now as I manage a household with 3 little kids.

View attachment 5796941
Here 8 months preggo with my 3rd kid.

View attachment 5796942

Here with a cotton tee.

I love it. You can’t go wrong!
Oooh wow i love love love it! It is magical and very beautiful on you.
I recently got the lucky bracelet so I am leaning more and more towards that necklace.
As a mom of 2 below 3 i will mainly wear the long necklace without the kids … i can imagine it gets tangled in their arms or they play with it ahah.
I can imagine it pairing well with the magic malachite and lucky bracelet which i wore last weekend.
761CAB7E-847C-41DC-A8B8-F09D30C643D7.jpeg1AD64302-28D9-48A3-91D6-09D58D0CDA79.jpeg3CAA80F4-8297-4F04-85B5-EE9470C301C2.jpeg

Did you ever get it?
I happened to be at VCA looking for new pieces. The SA showed me this.

It is gorgeous! Super fun and casual!

You may know me by now…
I dress super casual out of the office, and no staged mod shots. I shop dressed super casual too; I don’t dress up when I shop.

Here it is with my beloved striped tees!

The motifs are large, so it’s not childish at all.
I love this necklace.

View attachment 5796337
Oh dear your opinion is always valued. You wear it well, I love love love it! The motifs are indeed bigger than I imagined, the clovers seem to be bigger than the vintage size.
For now, I got the lucky bracelet hoping to get the long necklace soon as well.
I wore the magic and lucky bracelet together for my bday staycation last weekend… I can imagine the necklace pairing so well… BF6ACCDE-0CC8-488E-80B6-01F01AA6EF15.jpeg9026E12D-BEEC-40AA-9D73-BA5AC16F714F.jpeg9DED2774-3D32-4AD4-946F-3FBB339FCD36.jpeg

I don't think adding the earrings would be too much, but it doesn't sound like a practical or sensible choice to get the earrings if your ears aren't pierced nor you feel strongly for them. Do you wear clip on earrings at all? I always consider cost per wear and not let FOMO get to me when buying jewelry pieces so that'd be my suggestion for you to consider as well. From what I've read, if you lose an earring you'll have to pay another 60% to get a replacement pair. IMO a necklace and bracelet are good enough as a set.

I realised my previous reply was not posted :crybaby::eek: Thank you to the VCA queens for weighing in!!

Thanks @waterlily112 , your advice on “cost per wear” really ended the dilemma for me..! It is a great reminder to make more mindful purchases.. and I am totally at VCA peace now :blush:

Though if they come up with a vintage Alhambra reversible ring in YG and MOP, i’d escape the ban island kekeke

Oooh wow i love love love it! It is magical and very beautiful on you.
I recently got the lucky bracelet so I am leaning more and more towards that necklace.
As a mom of 2 below 3 i will mainly wear the long necklace without the kids … i can imagine it gets tangled in their arms or they play with it ahah.
I can imagine it pairing well with the magic malachite and lucky bracelet which i wore last weekend.
View attachment 5797097View attachment 5797098View attachment 5797096
Yes! I usually wear just one or two vca at a time now. I have worn these with wmop magic earrings, frivole yg earrings, vintage pave earrings, or studs. I also have the lucky bracelet too! Vca is so versatile and can be mixed and matched nicely to make it your own.

Reactions: samouu
I realised my previous reply was not posted :crybaby::eek: Thank you to the VCA queens for weighing in!!

Thanks @waterlily112 , your advice on “cost per wear” really ended the dilemma for me..! It is a great reminder to make more mindful purchases.. and I am totally at VCA peace now :blush:

Though if they come up with a vintage Alhambra reversible ring in YG and MOP, i’d escape the ban island kekeke
VCA has so many beautiful creations so it's easy to get sucked in and wanting everything. You can always add the earrings to your collection when you feel strongly about owning and enjoying them. :yes: