VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

I would pass on this. No COA and condition issues. For me, it’s too much risk, even at 42% discount. Wait and save for a new one.

Even at 42% off, the necklace is still around $5K.
I guess I'll pass. Perhaps I will save up for the mop pave ring.
Sharing my newest necklace addition! I got it shortened an inch but wondering if it needed another .5-1 inch since it still sits with a slight V. I am going to give this a go for now and see how it marinates :smile: it’s very shiny! Thinking I’ll eventually get the ring to complete the set

View attachment 5787665

View attachment 5787666
Looks great on you! Absolutely gorgeous

Anyone here loves Bvlgari as well?
Because I am hoping for an unbiased opinion haha (I know this is a VCA thread).

I’m not really a “sentimental” person when it comes to jewelry but I’ll just use the excuse of Mother’s Day is around the corner to make a decision of a big purchase, which equates to a one way ticket to the ban island for a looooong time.

I’ve gone to B store a few times to try the Serpenti bracelet. Full pave. I’m not interested in other designs nor variations.
View attachment 5777208

For VCA, the close contender (relatively close price range) is the vintage Alhambra full diamond 5 motif. As you can see, I’m eyeing on all diamonds bracelets.

Alternatively I can custom make a tennis bracelet. I’ve done some homework by speaking with a recommended jeweller. However, it also all comes down to if I want bang for my buck or I want to own something “distinctive”. I need to be careful on this as one will never be able to replace the other, if you know what I mean.

The Serpenti is very comfy to wear, and also easy on/off. Undeniably sparkly. I know the serpent context is not for everyone. Every time I wear it, I feel my whole outfit is elevated. One of my concerns is wearability (especially at my work place).

As for VCA, I have not tried it and it actually belongs to my aunt who is an avid jewelry lover. She has been keeping it unworn since her purchase from a vacation last year. I’ve seen her wearing the earrings and I think it’s so feminine and elegant. And I will pay her if I’m going for it.

I feel the VCA might be more wearable than the B piece? Or I’m totally wrong? For sure, both pieces give different vibe so it also comes down to what I am looking for. My aunt is back to my country end of May; I might visit VCA to have a try.

And I don’t plan to stack.

Any pros and cons of the VCA will be much appreciated. Thanks!
Serpenti! I have the plain rose gold, and it's such a sleek and elegant silhouette.

I am re evaluating my options. I love the serpenti line but the full pave would shout special-occasion-only (not what I am in for). So the plain or diamond head may work.
I have the full pave serpenti bracelet and I live in a small beach community so special events and occasions are minimal. As a result, I’ll wear it out for lunch and dinner. I‘ll wear it if we’re out shopping in a nice area. Bottom line, I love the bracelet and I’ll continue to wear it even if my lifestyle is that of a beach bum. Good luck with your decision

Congratulations on your gorgeous necklace! It's beautiful on you!
For me, yes, I would shorten it a bit more, so it hangs slightlt below the hollow of your neck

Your earrings and necklace make a stunning set!
Thank you! You think!? Is that another .5 or 1inch do you think. They said I can bring it back if I want to shorten more. I figured I will try this out first. It bends into a V too much at this length is that your reasoning? Now I need an occasion to wear it out haha

Reactions: BigAkoya
Thank you! You think!? Is that another .5 or 1inch do you think. They said I can bring it back if I want to shorten more. I figured I will try this out first. It bends into a V too much at this length is that your reasoning? Now I need an occasion to wear it out haha
I think 1" for sure if not a bit more. This is basically a station necklace with flowers, and station necklaces are meant to hang with a rounded bottom, not a V bottom, making it look like a pendant.

I think the SA was saing you can bring it back to shorten more as a kind way of implying it's still too long.
For me, I think station necklaces (e.g. your Frivole, the 10 motif) look beautiful about 1" below the bottom of the hollow of the neck.

Here is a link to the model in the VCA website so you can get an idea of where you want it to land, but to help you visualize, see how "rounded" it lands at the bottom? It's not a V.

I think 1" for sure if not a bit more. This is basically a station necklace with flowers, and station necklaces are meant to hang with a rounded bottom, not a V bottom, making it look like a pendant.

I think the SA was saing you can bring it back to shorten more as a kind way of implying it's still too long.
For me, I think station necklaces (e.g. your Frivole, the 10 motif) look beautiful about 1" below the bottom of the hollow of the neck.

Here is a link to the model in the VCA website so you can get an idea of where you want it to land, but to help you visualize, see how "rounded" it lands at the bottom? It's not a V.
I mentioned this pic yesterday actually (I was chatting with customer service not my SA, but she’s seen me a ton this last month and super nice). She told me she thinks that they held the necklace back for that photo and that it will generally land in a V because of the weight of the 2 motifs being heavier. You can see it’s sort of like a V in some of the other pictures. But yes I also get what you’re saying and maybe I will ask to do another inch. I have a really small neck :smile:

Hi! Question, how many of the VCA larger size travel pouches can you stack in the smaller Maria travel cube?
Hi! My apologies, I missed this question and just saw it.
I can stack 7 empty large pouches, but I would probably just stack 6 and top it off with a cleaning cloth so there is some room.
It would also depend on what you put inside the the large travel pouch such as a thicker Clover bangle vs. a flat 20 motif.

If you have rings, I use the small pouch for rings, and I layer them in opposite corners as in the photo.

For the 5 motif bracelets, I use one large pouch for two bracelets, one on each side of the pouch divider. I let them spread out and lay flat so they take up less space (I use one large pouch for a 20 motif and a separate one for the Clover bangle).

If you have a lot of items to stack, the Maria cube is more forgiving than the Maria rectangle as the cube is 4.5" tall while the rectangle is only 2.75" tall. The rectangle is great for long chunky necklaces. The rectangle is also a hard case, and it's much heavier than the cube. The cube is my favorite. :smile: :heart:

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I have the full pave serpenti bracelet and I live in a small beach community so special events and occasions are minimal. As a result, I’ll wear it out for lunch and dinner. I‘ll wear it if we’re out shopping in a nice area. Bottom line, I love the bracelet and I’ll continue to wear it even if my lifestyle is that of a beach bum. Good luck with your decision

You’re coming back to the serpenti. It sounds like that is where your heart is. Don’t ignore it.
Thank you for your patience on me. This bracelet decisioning is making me look like a lost sheep at times. It has been 2 *long* years :P

greg-willson-KpoalRBfTds-unsplash-scaled.jpg

By the way, I am in a hotel now (I seem to live in hotels), and this just reminded to share one other thought…

Don’t forget a valet tray.
I love them! It’s a perfect place to put your jewelry, key, and other things so they don’t get lost.

View attachment 5788492

@BigAkoya

What is the jewelry box brand that you are using (the orange one)? I might need to get one for travel soon, and you always seem to have the the best ideas and opinions on things!

Oh nevermind - I scrolled up more and see it's Wolf "Maria" cube. I'm on it! Perhaps I can pick your brain on something else - I will post in Jewelry Box soon. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAkoya
Hello there,
has anyone got the lucky 12 motifs? I need some inspiration. I haven’t seen it much around. Is it easy enough to pair up with different wardrobes? Any pros and cons?
To match I currently have the MOP 5 motifs bracelet and the following earrings : MOP Vintage YG, Magic Malachite, 4 motifs MOP (for more drama!)

Thanks a lot for your feedback and modshotsView attachment 5787870

Ok, so!! Small story time here, and I hope it helps! :nuts:

Years ago, @8seventeen19 and I were at a private party together in Nashville (I forget the name of the country singers' whose house we were at - maybe she can chime in! :P) with Christian Louboutin to celebrate his signing at the local Nordstrom the following day. The jewelry was EYE CANDY that night! But what stands out to me was the most incredibly chic woman who had this necklace on. She told us that her husband had bought it for her for a recent milestone wedding anniversary, and my God - to say this necklace made her outfit is a gross understatement. This was way before I started collecting VCA in any serious way and I thought that if I could just own this necklace... that would be the top for me.

Anyhow. This necklace is a huge statement piece in person and honestly you cannot go wrong with it. I hope this helps and apologies for being long-winded, but it truly does make an impact when you see it on another person. Good luck with whatever you decide. :flowers:

Years ago, @8seventeen19 and I were at a private party together in Nashville (I forget the name of the country singers' whose house we were at - maybe she can chime in! :P) with Christian Louboutin to celebrate his signing at the local Nordstrom the following day. The jewelry was EYE CANDY that night! But what stands out to me was the most incredibly chic woman who had this necklace on. She told us that her husband had bought it for her for a recent milestone wedding anniversary, and my God - to say this necklace made her outfit is a gross understatement. This was way before I started collecting VCA in any serious way and I thought that if I could just own this necklace... that would be the top for me.

Anyhow. This necklace is a huge statement piece in person and honestly you cannot go wrong with it. I hope this helps and apologies for being long-winded, but it truly does make an impact when you see it on another person. Good luck with whatever you decide. :flowers:
What a delightful story, thank you for sharing your memory. I want more stories featuring glitz and VCA in this forum! It is so easy to become a little bored and jaded, and it makes me so happy to remember when certain luxury items really dazzled me. Let's keep the fun and magic alive :heart:

TY for the lovely story! Just shows that sometimes it doesn't need to be all about big and all bling to leave a good and lasting impression!