Van Cleef - VCA price increase thread *please include location*

I think the whole luxury market is getting more and more impacted by the bad economy and now 2 wars…
I was looking at Richemont stock the other day out of curiosity to compare it to H (since their last quarter results were good). It has dropped pretty significantly so this is probably a good indicator of why prices are going down and they are asking for full deposits now. That way they can buy gold and gems as the demands come and not hold inventory. So they don’t get hurt.
Can you imagine how much money they hold for all the pieces being made?
Imagine paying for a high jewelry piece and waiting a year before getting it? And it doesn’t guarantee the price…
Yes imagine any other industry doing this. Totally insane. I can’t believe we customers put up with this!

I think the whole luxury market is getting more and more impacted by the bad economy and now 2 wars…
I was looking at Richemont stock the other day out of curiosity to compare it to H (since their last quarter results were good). It has dropped pretty significantly so this is probably a good indicator of why prices are going down and they are asking for full deposits now. That way they can buy gold and gems as the demands come and not hold inventory. So they don’t get hurt.
Can you imagine how much money they hold for all the pieces being made?
Imagine paying for a high jewelry piece and waiting a year before getting it? And it doesn’t guarantee the price…
That's partly correct. Aspirational buyers are not splurging while the 1% still are.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjgg and stephbb9
Switzerland had a massive price decrease! Yes, lower prices! The 10 motif yg hammered I bought for 8,500 now is 8,200, for example. Other increases have been scaled back to almost previous prices 😳😳😳
yes ! My SA sold me the holiday pendant for minus 250 CHF than expected ; she told me that because the CHF is so high (refuge money) they brought the prices down with the whole VCA collection

I was in the boutique on Friday and asked my SA about a possible increase. She said she had only heard rumors from clients, but nothing from the company. Although, she did say that she wouldn't be surprised if they had one soon as it had been about a year and a half since the last one. I'm considering the Perlee Clover bangle, so she told me she would let me know if there will be one.