Van Cleef - VCA price increase thread *please include location*

Hi dear just to share I heard certain models not allowed to put deposit to hold/order in. Last yr they were out of vintage mop earrings they also didn't allow deposit to order but allowes for sweet mop earrings.
In addition to that, what I’m hearing now is that a deposit (even if 100% deposit) doesn’t secure the price anymore, you have to pay the current price when the item arrives in store

Reactions: jjgg
How’s the inventory like in Singapore? :confused1: In Malaysia… all bracelets are only available as samples for viewing and deposit is required to get into the waitlist now.
What I’m wondering about is, what if the item I paid a deposit for comes only 1 year later, and the price has gone up significantly by then. I can’t change my mind because I can’t get the deposit back right!

How’s the inventory like in Singapore? :confused1: In Malaysia… all bracelets are only available as samples for viewing and deposit is required to get into the waitlist now.
I think it was pretty healthy. In Aug/Sept I was able to try sweet perlee (rg yg), signature perlee (rg yg). Last week my friend was trying the 5 motif mop. Doesn't seem very poor in stock. So far we haven't get the "samples" yet. But pretty sad that they don't allow payment to secure the prices anymore. But I was told now SG allows deposit for hard to get items though I'm not sure how much payment will be collected. I didn't ask if they allow refund if you don't want the item anymore. I assume you can turn it down and choose other items of similar value.

The point would be to guarantee you get the piece when it arrives, which really is the point of the deposit. Not to lock down the price.
Yes I get that, but I’m not willing to give them a loan up front without any timeline of when I get my items. I’m not a fan of the way VCA is conducting their business. Even Hermes does not make you pay up front for an item that you might not get for months. It’s ridiculous. I will only buy now if the item is actually in stock (so either it is there when I am there in person or my SA has one in the store and can hold it until I get there).

Yes I get that, but I’m not willing to give them a loan up front without any timeline of when I get my items. I’m not a fan of the way VCA is conducting their business. Even Hermes does not make you pay up front for an item that you might not get for months. It’s ridiculous. I will only buy now if the item is actually in stock (so either it is there when I am there in person or my SA has one in the store and can hold it until I get there).
I totally agree with you. The way they’re handling low inventory isn’t fair!

Reactions: Emily1830
Switzerland had a massive price decrease! Yes, lower prices! The 10 motif yg hammered I bought for 8,500 now is 8,200, for example. Other increases have been scaled back to almost previous prices 😳😳😳
I think the whole luxury market is getting more and more impacted by the bad economy and now 2 wars…
I was looking at Richemont stock the other day out of curiosity to compare it to H (since their last quarter results were good). It has dropped pretty significantly so this is probably a good indicator of why prices are going down and they are asking for full deposits now. That way they can buy gold and gems as the demands come and not hold inventory. So they don’t get hurt.
Can you imagine how much money they hold for all the pieces being made?
Imagine paying for a high jewelry piece and waiting a year before getting it? And it doesn’t guarantee the price…