Van Cleef in action!

Aww thank you @rosebean I think it’s the lighting in the car. At the cost of being deemed ‘nuts’ by passerby who cannot figure out what this crazy lady in the car is doing taking pics of her bags and bling:biggrin:, I find that the car lighting is the best for pics.
Lol I hear ya! There is one spot on my road near a neighbors house which always has the best lighting for pics. And dont you know, half the time I stop in front of it, someone is coming or going! I finally had to explain it to them!

Lol I hear ya! There is one spot on my road near a neighbors house which always has the best lighting for pics. And dont you know, half the time I stop in front of it, someone is coming or going! I finally had to explain it to them!
Haha! The ‘are you crazy?’ looks are worth the pictures we get out of those sessions:biggrin:

I am going to try this colour too. Tenshix’s nails were gorgeous in that pic when this conversation started and yours too.
This is a bit off topic, but since it’s been discussed, I had to post this and share this great news!

Saks has Rose Baltique! OMG! It’s never available. Also, I received a Saks 20% off code that said it includes beauty. Chanel is not included, but Hermes is! If you received one too, you can get 20% off Hermes nail polish. Woo hoo! I ordered Rose Horizon and Rose Tamise. They look nice and happy for summer. The other shade I want to try is Violet Byzantin. It looks to have a drop more of purple compared to Chanel’s Rouge Noir which I think will look nice for fall.

Hope this info helps someone and a TPFer can grab a bottle of Rose Baltique. The website said low inventory.

This is a bit off topic, but since it’s been discussed, I had to post this and share this great news!

Saks has Rose Baltique! OMG! It’s never available. Also, I received a Saks 20% off code that said it includes beauty. Chanel is not included, but Hermes is! If you received one too, you can get 20% off Hermes nail polish. Woo hoo! I ordered Rose Horizon and Rose Tamise. They look nice and happy for summer. The other shade I want to try is Violet Byzantin. It looks to have a drop more of purple compared to Chanel’s Rouge Noir which I think will look nice for fall.

Hope this info helps someone and a TPFer can grab a bottle of Rose Baltique. The website said low inventory.

Ooh thank you so much for this update! When you get Rose Horizon could you share photos of it on you? It looks great in the photos but I’m a bit worried the color might look darker than what I’m expecting. I have Rose Tamise and like it but it also ended up being darker than expected. I have Violet Byzantine but truthfully haven’t worn it out as a full set other than swatching it because I’m waiting for fall! Currently wearing Gris Etoupe channeling the fabulous @eternallove4bag even if it’s just a fraction of her stylishness :biggrin:

Ooh thank you so much for this update! When you get Rose Horizon could you share photos of it on you? It looks great in the photos but I’m a bit worried the color might look darker than what I’m expecting. I have Rose Tamise and like it but it also ended up being darker than expected. I have Violet Byzantine but truthfully haven’t worn it out as a full set other than swatching it because I’m waiting for fall! Currently wearing Gris Etoupe channeling the fabulous @eternallove4bag even if it’s just a fraction of her stylishness :biggrin:
I will definitely let you know! I am glad you at least liked Rose Tamise as you have great taste in your choice of nail polish colors.

You probably know by now I split hairs over color, especially in gemstones and nail polish. :biggrin::heart:

I have wasted so much money in those two categories looking for perfection, but I think of it as an adventure and the search for perfection is part of the excitement and fun.

I have been looking for a mauve. But… a cool mauve, not a girly pink mauve, not a blue mauve, and not a purple mauve, but a pale rose grey mauve.

I see this color in my head, but I have yet to find it. Maybe Rose Tamise will be it. I hope.

By the way, thanks to you, I love Hermes nail polish. I love it more so than Chanel, and that’s tough for me to say as I am a die-hard loyal Chanel client. I tossed all my Chanel colors (except Rouge Noir), so I’m trying to stock up on the Hermes colors.

I debated on Orange Poppy too, but I was worried it would have too much red in it. I am not a fan of bright red nails. I used to love bright red nails but no more. My happy nail color is usually orange-based such as a coral (I like a drop of yellow to perk it up). I hope I love Rose Horizon, it looks like a happy mellow coral.

Thanks for sharing your Hermes colors, I am totally hooked! :hugs:

ETA: Yes on fall for Violet Byzantin! That’s what I am thinking too.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: tenshix
I will definitely let you know! I am glad you at least liked Rose Tamise as you have great taste in your choice of nail polish colors.

You probably know by now I split hairs over color, especially in gemstones and nail polish. :biggrin::heart:

I have wasted so much money in those two categories looking for perfection, but I think of it as an adventure and the search for perfection is part of the excitement and fun.

I have been looking for a mauve. But… a cool mauve, not a girly pink mauve, not a blue mauve, and not a purple mauve, but a pale rose grey mauve.

I see this color in my head, but I have yet to find it. Maybe Rose Tamise will be it. I hope.

By the way, thanks to you, I love Hermes nail polish. I love it more so than Chanel, and that’s tough for me to say as I am a die-hard loyal Chanel client. I tossed all my Chanel colors (except Rouge Noir), so I’m trying to stock up on the Hermes colors.

I debated on Orange Poppy too, but I was worried it would have too much red in it. I am not a fan of bright red nails. I used to love bright red nails but no more. My happy nail color is usually orange-based such as a coral (I like a drop of yellow to perk it up). I hope I love Rose Horizon, it looks like a happy mellow coral.

Thanks for sharing your Hermes colors, I am totally hooked! :hugs:

ETA: Yes on fall for Violet Byzantin! That’s what I am thinking too.

[EDIT: Just checked Hermes.com and they have a small restock of some of the popular colors that were sold out, including all three Rose nudes for those who were considering to get them! Snap them up now! :nuts:]

So sweet of you to say and I’m so glad you’ve been loving them too!! Of course it’s entirely my pleasure and I admit I also love my Hermes polishes so much more than my Chanel, Dior, OPI, Essie… To me the Hermes polish formula is perfect, they really nailed the opacity and ease of application. I’m really picky about manicures and prefer to do it myself so these polishes save me a lot of time and effort. They level off on their own (no streaks!) and dry so fast too!

I’ll save my thoughts on the Rose Tamise so you can decide first if it’s the mauve shade you were looking for.

I’m excited for you to get your new colors, I think Rose Horizon is such a fun pop for summer. Please show us the new manicures with your fabulous BTF rings when you get them! I see it looking especially summery and bright with your Frivole :love:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BigAkoya
@tenshix you are too kind! I absolutely love Hermès nail polishes and the etoupe color is one of my all time favorite. I can only imagine how beautiful it must have looked on you!

• Love
Reactions: tenshix