Van Cleef in action!

I am pushing decision to next year. This is the year of the earrings. I want a diamond wg bangle. I am leaning towards clover perlee at moment. Mainly since I like for me it has more longevity and the size will stack with my other bracelets. The Serpenti size I want is much smaller than my current bracelets so I will not be able to stack. Not that that is a must. I could still flip to Serpenti next year. If I were to get two wg bracelets I would definitely get both to have two options. I would also consider Serpenti for my rg bracelet option later on.
Your is gorgeous with your pieces. So many mix and match options. No brainier for you!
@lynne_ross You have amazing options to choose from! One thing about the sizing of the Serpenti bracelet though - each one is a tad bit different because they are all hand made. In the end, I had the choice of choosing between three serpenti bracelets in small size. I ultimately chose the one that stacked better with my perlee bracelets, which are all small like my Serpenti. I am loving wearing the serpenti solo to be honest but I still wanted the option of being able to stack. I know, stacking is not everyone’s cup of tea but for me it feels super natural because in my culture women stack dozens of bangles on each arm without batting an eyelid. So, I love stacking but for work, I keep it toned down. Otherwise, I would show up for work everyday with my bracelets all stacked without a thought in the world:biggrin:

Also, my heart was initially set on adding the serpenti in WG but the moment I tried the one in RG, I was blown away by how it looked. So, again whether you choose WG or RG, you can’t go wrong.

I am excited to see what you will ultimately decide on:heart:

I’m really enjoying all the chalcedony photos - @Happyish I hope you don’t mind that I saved your photo because I love the color and look of those motifs.

@BigAkoya I’ve always written off chalcedony because it only comes in WG - and also I’m very particular about the look of the stones. After getting my Pg onyx 20 I;m thinking about what’s next; I have plenty of time to think because I’m still waiting for the other two pieces to arrive, and then there are two other things on my list before I even consider anything else, but I’ve been throwing around the idea of a PG/MOP 20 to add to the mix…just a thought. It would probably be easier to get approved than a PG/chalcedony 20.

I’m really enjoying all the chalcedony photos - @Happyish I hope you don’t mind that I saved your photo because I love the color and look of those motifs.

@BigAkoya I’ve always written off chalcedony because it only comes in WG - and also I’m very particular about the look of the stones. After getting my Pg onyx 20 I;m thinking about what’s next; I have plenty of time to think because I’m still waiting for the other two pieces to arrive, and then there are two other things on my list before I even consider anything else, but I’ve been throwing around the idea of a PG/MOP 20 to add to the mix…just a thought. It would probably be easier to get approved than a PG/chalcedony 20.
I vote PG/MOP. MOP is just beautiful and glows. MOP always pops, but it is an elegant pop. I would get that next, and it would look gorgeous layered with your PG onyx.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Notorious Pink
Ah that is the perfect description of fresh mannequin hands! I too admire that clean youthful dewy look. I’m so honored you decided to give Baltique a try first despite it being your last choice of the 3 based off the bottle color, and I’m so happy to hear it was a hit for you too! I love the shade so much, I think it translates better in real life than photos due to how nude it looks. Like “my nails but better” to the point it’s not so obvious. See if 3 coats will give you the extra opaqueness you like. I look forward to your photos, updates, and thoughts on all the shades. I love how thorough and descriptive you always are. So glad you love the polish too, the pleasure is all mine! :hugs:
Hi @tenshix ! I am reporting back on nail polish colors!
I have been really loving Rose Baltique over these past days, so I just had to know which H color was my favorite. I decided to do my own manicure today using all three colors.

The winner is... Rose Baltique! :nuts: :heart: You are 100% correct in how you described it; it's a fresh healthy youthful glow.
All three colors are super gorgeous, and I like them all. However, when talking color, one has to split hairs as hues are infinite; hence, if I were to split hairs (which I often do :biggrin::heart:), Rose Baltique is the winner!

I put one color on each nail. It's hard to tell the different hues at first glance as the difference is very subtle. However, when you really stare, you can see the difference.
From left to right... Rose Porcelaine, Rose Coquille, and Rose Baltique. Chanel After Glow is on my index finger. I put it there so you can see the shade I had been using. From left to right… Rose Porcelaine has a drop of white. Rose Coquille has a drop of pink. Rose Baltique has a drop of peach which is what I love. All have that mineral luminescence glow, not flat like some nudes can be.

The second photo shows the colors lined up. The front row is what is on my nails (left to right). The back row shows the equivalent Chanel colors I have in my collection; none of which have been perfect for me (Chanel After Glow has a drop of beige).

Rose Baltique is perfect! I love it. Oh, I also stayed with two coats. I decided that slight sheerness adds to the youthful fresh healthy glow. Of course the glow takes a back seat to the bling of Frivole which is what I want in this case. I just love Frivole, my favorite VCA collection!

Finally, for my base coat and top coat, I used Chanel. However, I just went to Hermes.com and ordered the matching base coat and top coat.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your advice! It has been super helpful! :hugs: :heart:

A545A796-D50D-4F28-A5D5-6B9793A630B9.jpeg

F08F8171-E996-4AEB-94C2-3F53B1E64EC6.jpeg

Last edited:
@lynne_ross You have amazing options to choose from! One thing about the sizing of the Serpenti bracelet though - each one is a tad bit different because they are all hand made. In the end, I had the choice of choosing between three serpenti bracelets in small size. I ultimately chose the one that stacked better with my perlee bracelets, which are all small like my Serpenti. I am loving wearing the serpenti solo to be honest but I still wanted the option of being able to stack. I know, stacking is not everyone’s cup of tea but for me it feels super natural because in my culture women stack dozens of bangles on each arm without batting an eyelid. So, I love stacking but for work, I keep it toned down. Otherwise, I would show up for work everyday with my bracelets all stacked without a thought in the world:biggrin:

Also, my heart was initially set on adding the serpenti in WG but the moment I tried the one in RG, I was blown away by how it looked. So, again whether you choose WG or RG, you can’t go wrong.

I am excited to see what you will ultimately decide on:heart:
I didn’t know about the serpentis varying in size — after reading your post I immediately ran and grabbed my WG and RG to compare and you are right :nuts: The RG is ever so slightly larger than the WG. Thanks for sharing this info, so interesting!
Your serpenti looks amazing on you :heart:

@lynne_ross you mentioned both the WG clover and WG serpenti, so here is an old mod shot of the two in case this year turns out to be a earring & bracelet year!
AC3BBD2C-F00B-4226-9D2D-96581DC7C003.jpeg

I have been really loving Rose Baltique over these past days, so I just had to know which H color was my favorite. I decided to do my own manicure today using all three colors.

The winner is... Rose Baltique! :nuts: :heart: You are 100% correct in how you described it; it's a fresh healthy youthful glow.
All three colors are super gorgeous, and I like them all. However, when talking color, one has to split hairs as hues are infinite; hence, if I were to split hairs (which I often do :biggrin::heart:), Rose Baltique is the winner!

I put one color on each nail. It's hard to tell the different hues at first glance as the difference is very subtle. However, when you really stare, you can see the difference.
From left to right... Rose Porcelaine, Rose Coquille, and Rose Baltique. Chanel After Glow is on my index finger. I put it there so you can see the shade I had been using. From left to right… Rose Porcelaine has a drop of white. Rose Coquille has a drop of pink. Rose Baltique has a drop of peach which is what I love. All have that mineral luminescence glow, not flat like some nudes can be.

The second photo shows the colors lined up. The front row is what is on my nails (left to right). The back row shows the equivalent Chanel colors I have in my collection; none of which have been perfect for me (Chanel After Glow has a drop of beige).

Rose Baltique is perfect! I love it. Oh, I also stayed with two coats. I decided that slight sheerness adds to the youthful fresh healthy glow. Of course the glow takes a back seat to the bling of Frivole which is what I want in this case. I just love Frivole, my favorite VCA collection!

Finally, for my base coat and top coat, I used Chanel. However, I just went to Hermes.com and ordered the matching base coat and top coat.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your advice! It has been super helpful! :hugs: :heart:

View attachment 5399065

View attachment 5399066
I am going to try this colour too. Tenshix’s nails were gorgeous in that pic when this conversation started and yours too.

I didn’t know about the serpentis varying in size — after reading your post I immediately ran and grabbed my WG and RG to compare and you are right :nuts: The RG is ever so slightly larger than the WG. Thanks for sharing this info, so interesting!
Your serpenti looks amazing on you :heart:

@lynne_ross you mentioned both the WG clover and WG serpenti, so here is an old mod shot of the two in case this year turns out to be a earring & bracelet year!
View attachment 5399140
Hehe! I first learnt of this from my VCA SA when I was getting my perlee single row bracelet and he told me that since these bracelets are handmade, there’s always going to be a slight difference in sizes. I can see that slight difference in all my perlee bracelets even though all are in small size. Then, my Bvlgari SA said the same and when she had 3 of the serpenti bracelets in small size, I could compare them side by side. In the end, I chose the one that fit slightly better with my perlee stack.

Gosh, the perlee clover with the serpenti in WG looks so spectacular!
@lynne_ross you are in trouble lady:biggrin:

View attachment 5399065

View attachment 5399066
These are so pretty! I am not seeing these colors on the Hermes site, though. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAkoya
Hehe! I first learnt of this from my VCA SA when I was getting my perlee single row bracelet and he told me that since these bracelets are handmade, there’s always going to be a slight difference in sizes. I can see that slight difference in all my perlee bracelets even though all are in small size. Then, my Bvlgari SA said the same and when she had 3 of the serpenti bracelets in small size, I could compare them side by side. In the end, I chose the one that fit slightly better with my perlee stack.

Gosh, the perlee clover with the serpenti in WG looks so spectacular!
@lynne_ross you are in trouble lady:biggrin:
They look gorgeous together! The sizing for me is too far apart to close with the variation in the Serpenti. I have the medium yg clover perlee that I bought when the small did not exist, my only other option was the xs which was uncomfortable. If I were to get a wg perlee clover I would get a medium too since it would stack with my other bracelets. For the Serpenti the medium was too big and the small is the right size. The small Serpenti will literally sit under my medium clover. The sizing will not work for stacking unless I get a different size in either. Hence my dilemma.

They look gorgeous together! The sizing for me is too far apart to close with the variation in the Serpenti. I have the medium yg clover perlee that I bought when the small did not exist, my only other option was the xs which was uncomfortable. If I were to get a wg perlee clover I would get a medium too since it would stack with my other bracelets. For the Serpenti the medium was too big and the small is the right size. The small Serpenti will literally sit under my medium clover. The sizing will not work for stacking unless I get a different size in either. Hence my dilemma.
Aaah got it! Yes, the medium in serpenti looked like it would come flying off the moment I moved my arm so would not recommend that for you at all since I know your wrists are small too. The WG perlee clover in medium is a beautiful option and knowing it will stack well with your other bracelets definitely tilts my vote towards that.

• Love
Reactions: lynne_ross
These are so pretty! I am not seeing these colors on the Hermes site, though. Am I looking in the wrong place?
These shades sell out really fast. @tenshix tipped me off that Harrods had all three shades, so I purchased it online from Harrods. It arrived pretty fast, only a few days. Maybe check Harrods.

Here is the H link to the exact shade, but it's sold out: Les Mains Hermes, Nail enamel, Rose Coquille | Hermès USA
Here is the Harrods link, also sold out now, but you can see the photos of the models to see how this shade looks on different skintones: HERMÈS Les Mains Hermès Nail Enamel | Harrods US

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tenshix and DS2006
I am going to try this colour too. Tenshix’s nails were gorgeous in that pic when this conversation started and yours too.
I think you will love this color. I was surprised as it was my last choice. If you look at just the bottle from the color, it looks so dark and beigy, but it's beautiful. And yes, @tenshix 's nails were so beautiful, it made her hands look so fresh and young! My hands don't even come close to hers, but I am giving it some effort by at least copying her nail polish color! :nuts::heart:

I hope you like it too! This color seems to be a chameleon and works for different skin tones.