Valuable Articles Insurance

In the UK you have seperate insurance for the building and seperate insurance for the contents, you would need to speak to them with regards to the contents policy

Hi,
I would like to know if you have a particular insurance for your precious bags and whom would you recommend to go with? Would you need a receipt or appraisal for it and where do you get one if it was a gift? Can you get it from the store?

Hi,
I would like to know if you have a particular insurance for your precious bags and whom would you recommend to go with? Would you need a receipt or appraisal for it and where do you get one if it was a gift? Can you get it from the store?

Natalique: Perhaps contacting your homeowners insurance company and asking their assistance would be a place to start.:heart:

I always insure any piece of jewelry that I have that's over $6500.00. I was wondering how many TPFers insure their Birkins/Kellys as they are higher priced handbags? My LVs are not insured as they are not as expensive but now a days with the bad economy and an increase in crime rate makes me think that it's not such a bad idea.....especially if you get your purse snatched on the street or your house broken into.

I always insure any piece of jewelry that I have that's over $6500.00. I was wondering how many TPFers insure their Birkins/Kellys as they are higher priced handbags? My LVs are not insured as they are not as expensive but now a days with the bad economy and an increase in crime rate makes me think that it's not such a bad idea.....especially if you get your purse snatched on the street or your house broken into.

Funny you ask -- I just did it, today...

^oops hit the reply before I had finished... that is to say, there are a few threads on this topic if you use the search function at the top right of the page you will be able to find more discussion on insurance. HTH