Valentino Care and Maintenance

I got some hand sanitizer on my new rockstud shoulder bag today. It happened when I was in a restaurant and there was a sanitizer bottle on the table which I applied but didn’t realise that the nozzle was stuffed and the disinfectant sprayed straight on to my bag (not the way it was meant to be). I removed the gel with a wet tissue and the bag looks fine but I am wondering if the leather will turn dry later on.

Should I apply some leather moisturiser? What do you think? This is my first Valentino bag and I am not familiar with how to care for its grainy leather.

Last edited:
I got some hand sanitizer on my new rockstud shoulder bag today. It happened when I was in a restaurant and there was a sanitizer bottle on the table which I applied but didn’t realise that the nozzle was stuffed and the disinfectant sprayed straight on to my bag (not the way it was meant to be). I removed the gel with a wet tissue and the bag looks fine but I am wondering if the leather will turn dry later on.

Should I apply some leather moisturiser? What do you think? This is my first Valentino bag and I am not familiar with how to care for its grainy leather.

Is there a mark now? A pic would help.

Reactions: 2gr8
Is there a mark now? A pic would help.
Thanks for your reply. There is no mark and I really can not tell which part got sanitizer gel on it. I was able to wipe the gel away after a few minutes. I am just a little worried that the leather will get a dry patch later on and if I should therefore add some leather conditioner just in case.0B2159FE-C067-4DD3-B160-503737EC1E81.jpeg

Thanks for your reply. There is no mark and I really can not tell which part got sanitizer gel on it. I was able to wipe the gel away after a few minutes. I am just a little worried that the leather will get a dry patch later on and if I should therefore add some leather conditioner just in case.View attachment 4783013
Lovely bag. Glad to hear no Mark's, and would be surprised since sanitizer is mostly alcohol, so should evaporate. A light condition wouldn't hurt.