Valentino Care and Maintenance

2gr8

O.G.
Oct 13, 2009
I got some hand sanitizer on my new rockstud shoulder bag today. It happened when I was in a restaurant and there was a sanitizer bottle on the table which I applied but didn’t realise that the nozzle was stuffed and the disinfectant sprayed straight on to my bag (not the way it was meant to be). I removed the gel with a wet tissue and the bag looks fine but I am wondering if the leather will turn dry later on.

Should I apply some leather moisturiser? What do you think? This is my first Valentino bag and I am not familiar with how to care for its grainy leather.

Last edited:

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
I got some hand sanitizer on my new rockstud shoulder bag today. It happened when I was in a restaurant and there was a sanitizer bottle on the table which I applied but didn’t realise that the nozzle was stuffed and the disinfectant sprayed straight on to my bag (not the way it was meant to be). I removed the gel with a wet tissue and the bag looks fine but I am wondering if the leather will turn dry later on.

Should I apply some leather moisturiser? What do you think? This is my first Valentino bag and I am not familiar with how to care for its grainy leather.

Is there a mark now? A pic would help.

Reactions: 2gr8

2gr8

O.G.
Oct 13, 2009
Is there a mark now? A pic would help.
Thanks for your reply. There is no mark and I really can not tell which part got sanitizer gel on it. I was able to wipe the gel away after a few minutes. I am just a little worried that the leather will get a dry patch later on and if I should therefore add some leather conditioner just in case. 0B2159FE-C067-4DD3-B160-503737EC1E81.jpeg

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
Thanks for your reply. There is no mark and I really can not tell which part got sanitizer gel on it. I was able to wipe the gel away after a few minutes. I am just a little worried that the leather will get a dry patch later on and if I should therefore add some leather conditioner just in case. View attachment 4783013
Lovely bag. Glad to hear no Mark's, and would be surprised since sanitizer is mostly alcohol, so should evaporate. A light condition wouldn't hurt.