vacation anyone?

I'm going to Rome at the end of May with my son, mother, sister, brother-in-law and their 1 year old daughter. Last time we went to Rome was in 1997.

We are thinking of spending some time in Ocean City, MD during the summer. We are also thinking about flying down to my mom's house in southwest Georgia for Labor Day.

We just got back from a weekend in Vegas at the beginning of the month. Next up in May is a week in Monaco bookended by stopovers in London (where DH's family lives), then up to Montreal in June. Beyond that—well, we haven't thought that far ahead yet! :biggrin:

I haven't been on vacation in years! So jealous reading about everyone's plans!

I am going to Vegas for a wedding in November, so I am excited about it, but I think it will be very tiring. Can't wait nonetheless...I've never been to Vegas as an adult.

I'm not going anywhere fabulous but, the first weekend in May I am going to back home to Sacramento, CA to spend almost a week with my friends. One of my good friends is getting married in Napa. I just can't wait to get outta Ensenada and spend time with my favorite girlies!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

ayla said:
I'm leaving May 2nd for the obligatory North American student backpacking through Europe ! :biggrin:

So far, our list of places to hit look something like this:

London and England - 1 week
Rome, Florence, Venice - 1 week
Ljubljana, Slovenia - 4 days
Zurich or somewhere in south Germany - 3 days
Barcelona - 4 days
Paris - 4 days
Amsterdam - 3 days

Slovenia looks like it might get the axe though, in favour of Vienna ! I wish I had more time though, so I could go to Spain and Sweden and Greece !!

Ayla, that is some trip you have planned! Too bad you're not coming to good old Sweden
;)

I'm also leaving on May 2nd, for some serious retail therapy in Paris. Lucky me.

I'm going to the Dominican Republic in June. I'm trying to get a cruise booked for sometime this summer. I'll be going to Las Vegas in September, Hawaii in November, and Lake Tahoe in February.

No place too exotic this summer...although I'm looking to get back to Europe for a trip some time in the next year:smile: I am going to Montreal and Quebec City early in June, however, because one of my best friends is attending a conference there. It should be cool! I can brush up on my french...

Any suggestions of neat things to do in that reagion of Canada?