Vacation Advice Needed...

USCgerl

O.G.
Nov 25, 2005
My DH wants to plan a week long vacation for us in the end of June. Any advice to where we should go outside of the US? We live in California; he has traveled to Europe and Asia before whereas I've only been to London and Korea.

We're kinda torn between traveling to somewhere exotic and relaxing (ie Fuji or Bali, we've been to Hawaii) or somewhere fast pace with yummy food adventures (ie France, Spain, Japan). I really wanted to go to Australia but it would be winter there. Any suggestions, personal experiences, etc.? We're been married for almost 4 yrs and haven't gone on a vacation for a long time!

I just wanted to add that my hubby suggested that I ask you guys for advice! Isn't he cute! :biggrin:

Australia is a V E R Y long flight form the states. Italy is so fabulous and romatic and SO much to do!
The Caribbean is always fabulous; Nevis, St.Barts, Martinique . . .
We went to St. Lucia and I'm dying to go back and visit a neighboring island!

^^ I actually really want to go back to Hawaii, but my hubby would like to go somewhere different. Especially since we don't have kids but are planning for it in the near future. :smile:

costa rica. the very best. we're going in may and if you want to try things like canyoning, where you rapel down waterfalls and then hike to the next, or fly across zip lines 300 feet above the jungle floor, then ride horses down the beach before you retire to your beachside hammock and enjoy great food and drink, like I said, the best.

If you want a relaxing vacation, why not go on a cruise? That way, you get to do the food advantures you want, spend quality time with your husband, and explore different places as the cruise ship travels from port to port!

loren said:
costa rica. the very best. we're going in may and if you want to try things like canyoning, where you rapel down waterfalls and then hike to the next, or fly across zip lines 300 feet above the jungle floor, then ride horses down the beach before you retire to your beachside hammock and enjoy great food and drink, like I said, the best.

I second Costa Rica. I lived there for a couple of months back in 1983, and have been dying to go back ever since. Wonderful people, wonderful scenery.

Aruba is fantastic we went there a couple of years ago the island is very small but if your looking to relax this is the prefect place. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort the beach is just a few steps away and the water is wonderful. The city of Oranjestad (only town) has great shopping when and if you get tired of lying around soaking up the serf and sun. The local are friendly one of our servers even invited us to come listen to her sing at a recital. We had a lovely time. Where ever you go I hope you both have a great time.