Using your new Mulberry bag for the very first time...

I'm afraid I am really slack, I buy a bag and they quite often don't see the light of day for months before their first journey, hence the reason I have cut my collection - still have one I'd like to sell but DH has kind of stopped that from happening lol.

As it is I still think I have too many.

Im so glad Ive seen this thread. As you know Im new to Mulberry and my OH thinks I have gone completely mad as every evening I get home from work and I have a different mulberry bag with me (he leaves for work before I even get dressed in the morning). Im so in love with my new bags I just have to experiment and see how they all feel!! Im not a girly girl at all so this is pretty new to me- lord knows what I would be like if I ever opt for a colour- I could end up wearing pink or pastels at 45!!! Would try to post some piccies but you will have to bear with me - I have no idea how to do it!!!

I'm pretty bad at not using new bags too. I have been known to wait for months before using. I bought lipstick Roxy from the online pre-sale and she's not had an airing yet. On the otherhand I used shimmy hobo and mabel hobo straight away.

My new bags usually have to wait a while before I use them. I like to have new, unused stuff that I can pick out for special occasions. Then I feel extra special :smile:. It doesn't bother me that they don't get used immediately, because I try to buy timeless pieces that will always stay fashionable. I see all my bags as investment pieces that I will keep for years to come. So why hurry ;)?

In the beginning, I do baby my bags :blush:, but as I use them more, I do relax and stop worrying. They are all well looked after and in great condition.

BTW, I used to think "bags come, bags go" but the selling is so stressful that I now try to pick my bags more carefully and really plan where and with what they will be used.

I am terrible i got bags that have never seen the light of day and are put in storage miles from me. some bought 3 years ago my first ever mulberry a rio rosemary is stillt the same as i bought her home from SM.

Jacob made it out today and thats a first for me to buy and bag yesterday and use him the day after.( thats becaue of the lovely ladies i was with yesterday bending my ear and telling me to use them and not baby them lol )

I could end up wearing pink or pastels at 45!!! Would try to post some piccies but you will have to bear with me - I have no idea how to do it!!!

I've pink and pastel bags at 49 and think nothing of it. As long as I leave the boob tube and hot pants off I'm quite happy!

I get really excited whenever I get a new bag. So out it goes straight away off the dust bag and on my shoulder :biggrin:
I tend to wear the same bag for months though, from when it's new until it's well broken in. Then I get bored with it, find a new bag, put the bag inside the dust bag again and i'm off with the new one.

I get really excited whenever I get a new bag. So out it goes straight away off the dust bag and on my shoulder

I am a bit the same, can't wait to use it, the same goes with new clothes and shoes.
The only bag which lay in the dust bag for a while, was the green poppy, bought at the January sale, she did not get out before May. :smile:

I'm different because of my cost-per-wear system.
Bags lately have had to wait a long time to get to go out.
This is because if it's a new bag, it must meet its interim cost per wear target before the next one can be debuted. The interim target is AU$20 per wear; the target is $10 per wear. Mabel's done really well - just over $8 per wear at 60 uses.
Also, new bags have to get debuted before secondhand ones because of the one year warranty. Thus, right now Poppy's having a go, and after 18 uses her interim target will be met. Then Milton will get a go for about 30 uses. Then it's onto the secondhand bags. Once the $10 target is met, I can decide to sell or move on or keep.
It's not set in stone. While I've been using Poppy, Blenheim came to a winter wedding and Angelica comes out at weekends. And when the pony attached to Poppy broke, I took out Ledbury because I couldn't stand the sight of Poppy sans pony. So the only "virgin" Mulberry left is Milton. He'll be broken in soon.
I think I sound crazy, but this somewhat complicated system works for me.

Corries 2 - I wish I had the confidence I really do!!! I wear black black or black trouser suits for work (Im an accountant) and at home or casual I wear browns and beige- thus my bags are choc, black or oak!! If I buy colourful clothese they sit in the wardrobe as I dont feel they are me- I acted like I was 45 when I was 25- just dont know how to break out of the mold!!! Maybe I should meet up with some of you lot and be persuaded!!!

Im so glad Ive seen this thread. As you know Im new to Mulberry and my OH thinks I have gone completely mad as every evening I get home from work and I have a different mulberry bag with me (he leaves for work before I even get dressed in the morning). Im so in love with my new bags I just have to experiment and see how they all feel!! Im not a girly girl at all so this is pretty new to me- lord knows what I would be like if I ever opt for a colour- I could end up wearing pink or pastels at 45!!! Would try to post some piccies but you will have to bear with me - I have no idea how to do it!!!

:useless: look forward to seeing them though!

Corries 2 - I wish I had the confidence I really do!!! I wear black black or black trouser suits for work (Im an accountant) and at home or casual I wear browns and beige- thus my bags are choc, black or oak!! If I buy colourful clothese they sit in the wardrobe as I dont feel they are me- I acted like I was 45 when I was 25- just dont know how to break out of the mold!!! Maybe I should meet up with some of you lot and be persuaded!!!

I could lend you my small orange mabel - I too wear dark suits for work (a banker!) but find it's small enough not to overpower, yet starts you off with abit of colour.

Are you a Notts lass? We could poss meet up - I'm only in the next county!

Edited as realised I've not answered the question - I'm quite impatient and want to use my bags as soon as I've got them. I always try to spray them with Collonil first though.

Last edited: