USA LVers....Has the sagging US economy also drained your love for LV ?

I still love LV, but I'm watching my spending more than I have in the past. However, I'm still living with my parents and I don't have a ton of bills to pay, either. Once my fiance and I finish building our house, get married, and move in, I have a feeling I won't be buying LVs for a little while. I feel guilty as it is buying expensive LVs when I see people who are happy to have a Dooney.....

I don't know.. I've just always liked buying things for others, and at this point my best friend needs financial help, so I think I'm going to put my luxury purchases on hold and help her out. Her baby girl is in the hospital with 2nd and 3rd degree burns and I can only imagine the medical bills she's going to have.

Doesn't affect my LVoe, but do affect me decision on new purchase. DH and I talk about recession and inflation a lot lately, and another thing we talked about was LVs :P . DH doesn't mind me buying LV anymore because he knows the prices are constantly going up, and I can't lose if I need to sell them later. While prices on grocery affect us more... egg cost almost double the price in January, whole milk price increased a lot, baby formula is out of the question, and all other necessities like toilet papers, cleansers, etc.

My goal is to get a Teal Bon Bon and then done for the rest of the summer until F/W 08 bags come out!! :nuts:

The only bag I might be purchasing later this year (for the fall) is a black patent Longchamp Legende. I think it is a gorgeous bag and very well made, not to mention that LV doesn't make anything like it. But for now, I am avoiding buying anything else LV because I have made a lot of impulse purchases lately and while my industry is not likely to be affected directly, I'm scared of what is coming.

Yes and no the economy has gotten me to think twice but it doesn't mean I can't look. If there is something out there I really like from LV then yes I will buy it but no more impulse buys. Fortunately now there isn't anything I really have to get.

Well, I'm not in the US, but the price increases (I guess due to UK pound dropping) have drained my love for LV at the moment... It seems they are being greedy, and seeing what items used to cost, and now are, makes me reconsider buying them.

being a college student...it definately has slowed me down. When ever i try and save money from my job i feel like i wind up putting it in my car for gas...but lucky for me my dad treats me to some LV every once in a while!