US Passport price raise?

they can't possibly be $700 :wtf:

i can't believe it takes that long :wtf: even when i renew mine at the finnish embassy in london it only takes about 10 days. and you can get an emergency one at the airport in an hour or so...

If only we can get ours in an hour here..haha. I know a week ago when I checked it was $97 in the post office. Hopefully, they didn't raise it already. I tried googling for information, but nothing came up - so, that shouldn't be true... right? :confused1: I just think it's sad that I'll be getting the same thing whether I do it now or 2 weeks from now, but have to pay like a 1/3 more.

$700 for a passport!....and a Test? :shrugs:

Yeah, that information is definitely incorrect. I'm guessing the poster mistook passport for green card or travel document's if you're a non U.S. citizens. There is no exam to get a passport, and $360 is the exact dollar amount for filing that type of immigration document. I write those stupid check requests each week at work, so that number stands out to me.

Yeah, that information is definitely incorrect. I'm guessing the poster mistook passport for green card or travel document's if you're a non U.S. citizens. There is no exam to get a passport, and $360 is the exact dollar amount for filing that type of immigration document. I write those stupid check requests each week at work, so that number stands out to me.
Thanks Jillybean. Although it could be an interesting idea :idea: for the future. Perhaps something along the lines of:

1. You're travelling into asia for a 2 week trip. Given the average temperature of 27 degrees celcius and 80% humidity, how many pairs of underpants will you need to pack remembering you will need to change at LEAST once per day?

2. Adjust above answer to include a 3 night stay in India where you will purchase curry from a street vendor on 2 seperate occassions.

3. True/False: Socks and sandles can be worn together.

4. What is the maximum acceptable time to spend in an airplane toilet (remembering that you spent 3 nights in India)?

:lol:

1: depends on whether you have access to a washing machine
2: depends on whether or not you make it to the toilet in time
3: false
4: 5 minutes. bringing a newspaper is frowned upon.

Thanks Jillybean. Although it could be an interesting idea :idea: for the future. Perhaps something along the lines of:

1. You're travelling into asia for a 2 week trip. Given the average temperature of 27 degrees celcius and 80% humidity, how many pairs of underpants will you need to pack remembering you will need to change at LEAST once per day?

2. Adjust above answer to include a 3 night stay in India where you will purchase curry from a street vendor on 2 seperate occassions.

3. True/False: Socks and sandles can be worn together.

4. What is the maximum acceptable time to spend in an airplane toilet (remembering that you spent 3 nights in India)?

OMG, Cal, yes!

Don't forget these questions to make sure that passport holders don't live up to the awful stereotypes of American tourists:

1. Upon entering a foreign country, will you eat at Hardrock Cafe?

2. True/False: Everyone should speak English to you no matter if you're in a country where the pre-dominant language is not English.

LOL, I leave for my cruise on Saturday, and I'm *shocked* by the number of posts on travel websites where people ask where the nearest Starbucks or Hard Rock Cafe is in other country, or write up nasty reviews of restaurants because the staff doesn't speak English. :Push: No wonder Americans get a bad rep as tourists!

OMG, Cal, yes!

Don't forget these questions to make sure that passport holders don't live up to the awful stereotypes of American tourists:

1. Upon entering a foreign country, will you eat at Hardrock Cafe?

2. True/False: Everyone should speak English to you no matter if you're in a country where the pre-dominant language is not English.

LOL, I leave for my cruise on Saturday, and I'm *shocked* by the number of posts on travel websites where people ask where the nearest Starbucks or Hard Rock Cafe is in other country, or write up nasty reviews of restaurants because the staff doesn't speak English. :Push: No wonder Americans get a bad rep as tourists!

:roflmfao:

don't forget:

will speaking english louder and more slowly make people understand you?

Lol Megs, we were in Florence last year and my husband spent many hours studying the Italian phrase book. At the end of a meal in a really nice restaurant, the waiter asked us if we'd like desert. My husband patted his stomach and said "No thank you, I've eaten a cat" (in Italian). It was hilarious. The poor waiter really wanted to laugh but didn't want to seem rude.