Urgent advice, please read!

I think the point was, she is there in Shanghai now (or was there) and wanted to know if that bag was a good buy. Chinese in China, especially Shanghai, have incredible spending power and a known penchance for high end luxury items.
Completely agree!! The locals who shop in Hermes in China seriously do not even bat an eyelid when it comes to the prices even though compared to the rest of the world the prices they charge for "like for like" items are completely extortionate !! (in comparison to EU/US prices that is!)

the price sounds ok for newish at a reseller assuming resellers make profit, i picked up a toile/clemence b35 earlier this year from an H boutique that was around usd10,300 tax included.

as for the price, the replies kinda give u a good idea of level. As for fakes, there are everywhere, we all just have to do our home work, cross check w TPRers if in doubt.

the rich chinese are really rich... saw them in action before (HK, Paris, Tokyo and even OZ).. jaws jst drop all the way to the floor. In Ginza Hermes, the lady I bought the birkin from (for my frd), serve mainly customers from China. From Szechuan, migrated to Jpn years ago. It must have said something about shoppers from China to have SA dedicated jst for them.

as for the price, the replies kinda give u a good idea of level. As for fakes, there are everywhere, we all just have to do our home work, cross check w TPRers if in doubt.

the rich chinese are really rich... saw them in action before (HK, Paris, Tokyo and even OZ).. jaws jst drop all the way to the floor. In Ginza Hermes, the lady I bought the birkin from (for my frd), serve mainly customers from China. From Szechuan, migrated to Jpn years ago. It must have said something about shoppers from China to have SA dedicated jst for them.
So true - you really can't imagine how rich they are. The only main shopping haven that I don't see droves of mainland chinese shopping in is London and that is because I believe that they have problems getting visas to UK - otherwise they would also be there propping the economy up! LOl!

So true - you really can't imagine how rich they are. The only main shopping haven that I don't see droves of mainland chinese shopping in is London and that is because I believe that they have problems getting visas to UK - otherwise they would also be there propping the economy up! LOl!

Last year in HK, just casually window shopping at Pacific Place, I saw this couple with maybe a chauffuer, carrying their paper bags, she was buying some epi bags and accessories, and ask for one each of every colour, gosh. And there poor chap already full with gucci and TODs paper bags. I suspect they are going to Hermes next :graucho::graucho:

Last year in HK, just casually window shopping at Pacific Place, I saw this couple with maybe a chauffuer, carrying their paper bags, she was buying some epi bags and accessories, and ask for one each of every colour, gosh. And there poor chap already full with gucci and TODs paper bags. I suspect they are going to Hermes next :graucho::graucho:
Yeah, it's really crazy in HK. They are the big big spenders there - if you stay in the Four Seasons HK you will see about 20 birkins a day, of those I would say 3/4 are carried by mainland Chinese - Hermes is really very very popular with them and the rest of us ofcourse!! LOl