Urban Decay Naked 2 Combinations

6772756783_47cb24d86c.jpg

6772757231_b27f3511f2.jpg

This look was with the Naked2 palette + L'oreal Infallible in Iced Latte.

The L'oreal all over the lid, chopper on the outer 3/4, and a mix of busted and ydk on the outer crease. Mix of Foxy + booty call as the brow highlight, booty call on the very inner corner, chopper along the bottom 3/4 ouside area. Also used blackout for the liner.

I haven't been using mine much but I am going to have to try all the looks you have posted PG. Random but how do you tell if you are cool or warm toned?

Hi, VJ!

One way to do tell is to get a blue shirt and a yellow shirt (or even two different towels or large scraps of fabric.) Find a mirror and drape them each around your neck one at a time, in natural light (not indoor, artificial light), with no makeup on and a neutral top like a plain white t-shirt.

One of those colors is likely to be much more flattering on you than the other. For example, if you are cool toned, the blue color will bring your skintone to life and your eyes will just 'pop'. In contrast, the yellow color will make your skin appear more tired and sallow and will emphasize flaws, circles/bags under the eyes, etc.

If you're warm toned, it will be the opposite.

Cool toned skin looks best in blues, cool toned greens, pinks, purples. Warm toned skin looks best in browns, oranges, peach and yellows.

On a side note say with greens, cool tones look great in pine or forest greens, while warm tones look great in yellowy or olive greens.

Anyway, I hope that helps - sorry if this was a ramble :biggrin:

XXXOO PG

^^ let us know what you find out, VJ! you can always google "warm/cool skin tone" or something like that to get other ideas. I find the cloth color test is best. When you know your undertone it totally gives you the right tools for knowing your best makeup shades, jewelry, hair color and even the best colors to surround yourself with in your home decor, HTH!

XXXOO PG

The L'oreal all over the lid, chopper on the outer 3/4, and a mix of busted and ydk on the outer crease. Mix of Foxy + booty call as the brow highlight, booty call on the very inner corner, chopper along the bottom 3/4 ouside area. Also used blackout for the liner.

Wow! I was unimpressed by the Naked 2 palette until I saw your pics. Ulta has a deal right where you get a free sample size tube of Lip Junkie when you order it, so I might have to pick it up. Thanks for posting your pics!

\m/ Gem

Wow! I was unimpressed by the Naked 2 palette until I saw your pics. Ulta has a deal right where you get a free sample size tube of Lip Junkie when you order it, so I might have to pick it up. Thanks for posting your pics!

\m/ Gem

Thanks! It was my first look with it and I LOVE it so far. I messed with it today as well (and added purple from another UD palette) and love it even more :smile: I love that the colors work well for the eyeshadow, brows, AND eyeliner. So versatile.

Lovely!

VJ w.r.t. warm vs. cool skin undertones I just read your original post in here and if you have very pale skin and black hair I would bet you are likely cool toned. I am very fair with pink/ruddy cheeks, hazel eyes that change from green to blue depending on what I'm wearing and ashy brown hair I get heavily highlighted into a dark blonde of sorts (b/c my eyebrows have always been super pale).

Love this thread! AYS, which purple did you add to your look? That sounds amazing!

XXXOO PG

VJ w.r.t. warm vs. cool skin undertones I just read your original post in here and if you have very pale skin and black hair I would bet you are likely cool toned. I am very fair with pink/ruddy cheeks, hazel eyes that change from green to blue depending on what I'm wearing and ashy brown hair I get heavily highlighted into a dark blonde of sorts (b/c my eyebrows have always been super pale).

Love this thread! AYS, which purple did you add to your look? That sounds amazing!

XXXOO PG

Flash from the show pony palette. It was easy to work with, could either go very pigmented or lighter, I love purple with my green eyes, works well together.

Flash from the show pony palette. It was easy to work with, could either go very pigmented or lighter, I love purple with my green eyes, works well together.

Ah, sounds great! I have a few UD purples...might try Psychedelic Sister from BOS III or Omen from the 15 yr palette. I will look up Flash :tup: I too love a little pop of purple (I have hazel eyes).

XXXOO PG