Updated WOC

Hello ladies,
My first post and my first Chanel bag. :smile:

I was looking for a classic mini or small flap but ended up purchasing the classic WOC with GHW. My friend raved about hers she's had for a while, and it seems they updated it for the classic WOC. Magnetic clasp and thinner, gold colored, CC engraved zippers. Wow. Love it to bits.
View attachment 4481216
View attachment 4481226
Hey how are you finding the magnetic closure and how did you choose gold over silver? I’m being very indecisive and they only have snap in my store but I could wait til a few weeks and get magnetic if people think it’s worth it! Thanks

Hi, in my honest opinion, whether to get the older snap closure or the newer magnetic closure is really a personal preference. Some the the snap, others (like me) like the magnetic. The other improvement on the updated WOC is the new zippers which (so far) seem less likely to make an indentation in the leather as they seem to have a lower profile. Not sure what will happen over time. I don't know whether that is important to you or not.

As for GHW or SHW, I initially thought I would like the gold and eventually went with the gold but I saw both in the store. They are both very beautiful and it was hard for me to decide between the two, actually. Again, personal preference. I think you should see both in person in order to decide.

No matter which WOC you get, I am sure you will be very happy. Best of luck in your search.
Thank you I’ve seen and love both different hardware colours. Please can you explain the pros and cons of snap/ magnetic if you’ve had both as I only have seen snap...and would need to need to wait a few weeks for magnetic. Thank you!

Hey how are you finding the magnetic closure and how did you choose gold over silver? I’m being very indecisive and they only have snap in my store but I could wait til a few weeks and get magnetic if people think it’s worth it! Thanks

I really like the magnetic closure a lot. I can stuff the WOC and still close it. The magnetic closure hasn't opened with it stuffed. I chose the GHW because that is what I initially wanted. But after seeing both, it was a hard decision. I went with my initial decision for the GHW. I would have been pleased with either to tell you the truth. You really need to see them both in person.

Thank you I’ve seen and love both different hardware colours. Please can you explain the pros and cons of snap/ magnetic if you’ve had both as I only have seen snap...and would need to need to wait a few weeks for magnetic. Thank you!

The main reason I don't like snap closures is that I've had several bags from various fashion houses that have broken over time. You can have them fixed, but still. The other reason is I find closing snap closures difficult because you have to line them up properly and press hard to close. However, once closed, the snap closure is definitely more secure than the magnetic closure, in my opinion.

Still, in the end, the magnetic closure is secure enough and much easier to operate and quickly - at least for me. All my opinion of course.