Updated WOC

Hello ladies,
My first post and my first Chanel bag. :smile:

I was looking for a classic mini or small flap but ended up purchasing the classic WOC with GHW. My friend raved about hers she's had for a while, and it seems they updated it for the classic WOC. Magnetic clasp and thinner, gold colored, CC engraved zippers. Wow. Love it to bits.
View attachment 4481216
View attachment 4481226
Congratulations!! I just got my first Chanel as well and it's exactly the same as yours! I took it on its maiden voyage today and I LOVE IT!!

I don't think mine is the updated one though since I have a snap closure and the "tassel" on the zipper.

I love it so much that I want a light coloured one as my wedding clutch for next year! Any suggestions on colours from other WOC owners who have something in a light-coloured neutral or pastel shade?

Reactions: 900fe
Congratulations!! I just got my first Chanel as well and it's exactly the same as yours! I took it on its maiden voyage today and I LOVE IT!!

I don't think mine is the updated one though since I have a snap closure and the "tassel" on the zipper.

I love it so much that I want a light coloured one as my wedding clutch for next year! Any suggestions on colours from other WOC owners who have something in a light-coloured neutral or pastel shade?

Congrats on your WOC and congrats on your wedding! A light colored WOC would be perfect as a wedding clutch. Wish I would have thought about that! :smile:

Hello ladies,
My first post and my first Chanel bag. :smile:

I was looking for a classic mini or small flap but ended up purchasing the classic WOC with GHW. My friend raved about hers she's had for a while, and it seems they updated it for the classic WOC. Magnetic clasp and thinner, gold colored, CC engraved zippers. Wow. Love it to bits.
View attachment 4481216
View attachment 4481226
Love your new bag!
I called the Toronto boutique today to ask about the new magnetic closure and they seemed to think I was crazy or that I saw a replica. Do you mind sharing the item code(?) or do you happen to know if this is a seasonal thing? Thanks!

Reactions: quack7298
Love your new bag!
I called the Toronto boutique today to ask about the new magnetic closure and they seemed to think I was crazy or that I saw a replica. Do you mind sharing the item code(?) or do you happen to know if this is a seasonal thing? Thanks!

Thank you so much. Mine is a classic caviar WOC so it should not be a seasonal one. I don't have the style code with me at the moment but know that my WOC has a serial number beginning in 28 (e.g. 28 series) so they just came in. I hope they make these upgrades permanent for the classic WOCs from now on.

The first few stores I went to here in the US said the same thing - that I was misinformed. One store had heard about the update but did not know when they would arrive. Another store said to check other stores. So I did and found mine in NYC at Bloomingdales. I wish you luck in finding yours.

Reactions: hibonjourz

Whoops I accidentally pressed the post reply button prematurely in earlier message. I just wanted to let you know that because of your post I found out the WOC got updated. I went to my local store today and bought the magnetic closure one. Thank you!

Whoops I accidentally pressed the post reply button prematurely in earlier message. I just wanted to let you know that because of your post I found out the WOC got updated. I went to my local store today and bought the magnetic closure one. Thank you!
Congrats on your new purchase! Where did you buy it? And what leather/hardware?

Glad to help. This forum has helped me also in researching my first Chanel. It's a great resource. Enjoy your WOC!

Wow this is amazing. I LOVE my old style woc, it's easily my most used bag by far! I love the new metal zip I wish mine had that! I may have to save up and get another! Please update if anyone sees any other colours :smile: