Update on daughter stomach problems

Thank God she was finally diagnosed correctly!! I have a friend who's brother was diagnosed with having pneumonia and given medication from that ailment. He died a few days later and the autopsy showed that he had a bloodclot in his lung and NOT pneumonia!!

Oh that poor child! (and you!) My daughter had a bladder infection when she was 3. It was not hard to diagnose since she screamed in agony when she urinated. But it was horribly painful and due to her age, the pediatrician insisted that she have a VCUG test done to rule out kidney reflux. I won't even get into the nightmare that vcug is. I understand what you are going through, and wish you all the best. Hope she is much better very soon!

Your poor daughter....most adults can barely handle having Bladder infection and your poor daughter had to withstand it for so long....poor her....... try putting more cranberry juice in her diet and kind of teach her to wipe front to back....

Oh and try to get the all natural cranberry juice because alot of the ones out on the market has sugar put into it to sweeten it and it can aggravate or cause Bladder infections to flare up again

Irishgal said:
Glad to hear you finally got a diagnosis. Damn those idiots who did not run the urine looking for a bladder infection, that is quackery if you ask me.

careful with the criticism; that's pretty harsh. none of us know what the physician saw, or the patient complained of, at the time of the exams.

pursedoc said:
careful with the criticism; that's pretty harsh. none of us know what the physician saw, or the patient complained of, at the time of the exams.

I agree. It's sometimes tricky trying to distinguish among the differential. That being said, I'm SO glad that you have a diagnosis and hope that with the treatment of the infection, your daughter feels tons better very soon!!!

that is so frustrating! what is the matter with some doctors these days? Last July, I went to an urgent care facility with bad heartburn. They shot me with a pain killer, sent me home telling me it was probably kidney stones. 5 hours later, painkiller wears off, I start hurling my guts out - get rushed to the emergency room and had an emergency appendectomy. Not only did I have acute appendicitis, but it had ruptured and was gangrenous!!!! Could've died but I survived. Quacks.
Glad you daughter is going to be okay. Heres to multiple opinions from now on!

i am glad that they finally figured out what was wrong.. now hopefully the medication will help her feel better.. n u as well... hope she gets better every day...