Up on Hillier Hill: the hillier hobo club!

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
since there's been quite a few new purchases for this bag, and lots of people who love it and also would love pics of the size, i thought i'd devote a thread to it. do you have one? do you love it? please gush away here!! how'd you find yours??? where do you take it? why do you love it so? can it be a more formal bag?? what do you think?? hillier LOVE begin!

I've had both the huge and 'regular' sizes and loved them both!! The Hillier is one of my fave styles from either the MbMJ OR MJ lines! It's casual chic, fits tons, is crazy comfy and the leather is so soft. Just a great everyday bag! I'm pining for the classic in wine for fall, but I'd also love a black one and a tan one (I has a tan one but it was pre-owned and not in the best shape so I let it go). Can't wait to see everyones' Hilliers!!

Here's the small black Hillier hobo with shiny gold hardware that I let go of recently:
Family004.jpg

And here's my brand new small wine Hillier hobo with brushed gold hardware:
HillierHoboWine002.jpg

HillierHoboWine001.jpg

Happily in this club with my Huge Hillier in Tan with Silver HW!

LOVE the wine color, blackonmaroon!

Yesterday I saw someone carrying a gray small hillier with silver hw. I dunno if it was elephant or what but it was STUNNING!!

I LOVE me some Hillier, I've got the Huge one in Black, I will post some pics tomorrow....I used to be all about the Faridah (which is still an amazing bag, IMO) but I am LOVING the Hillier, would love to add another one at some point, if only I could chose which color!

Good idea, Jun! I LOVE THIS BAG. I'm sorry, couldn't hear me? Then I'll say it again:

I LOVE THIS BAG

Before this bag, I had never really had a hobo-style bag, so when I ebay'ed this baby (in the small/regular size, black w/gold hardware) during the Microsoft Cashback heydays of November '08, I was a bit apprehensive. Once I took her out of her box and felt her thick, pebbly, supple leather, I was sold. I wore her out that night, and the rest...is history :biggrin:

This my hands-down, my Go-To-Bag. When I'm going to be out for awhile or out of town, I take her because she can be worn casually crossbody or a bit more discretely on the shoulder.
My only qualms with it are:
1.) that even though it's small-medium size hobo, I can still loose things in it =\ Maybe I should just get a purse organizer...
2.) The rolled handle can get pretty annoying at times, but then I just switch to the longer strap
I've inspired many of my girlfriends to add it to their bag wishlists, although none have yet to take the punge - maybe with all the new colors coming out for fall, they will!

Here are some pictures that I took the day I got it...er, sorry, they're too big to load on TPF, and I'm not in the mood to resize them at the moment, so they're on my blog, [http://misa.wordpress.com], taken the day I got it. Slub Picture Alert: I was in my PJ's because I was about to head over to a co-ed sleepover. Sorry for the dirty mirror! Maybe I'll take some newer pics soon to add to this thread.