Unwanted nail polishes... what to do with them?

Love the idea of setting them out in a ladies room!

About the Zoya program: I think last time they did it the Zoya polishes were 4 bucks, so you didn't get them free in exchange, just at a discount. Or am I confusing things now? Hmmm

Love the idea of setting them out in a ladies room!

About the Zoya program: I think last time they did it the Zoya polishes were 4 bucks, so you didn't get them free in exchange, just at a discount. Or am I confusing things now? Hmmm

Here's the info from the 2011 promo, for reference:

http://www.zoya.com/content/category/Nail_Polish_Exchange.html

I think the polishes were free, but maybe with shipping/handling it came out to be $4/ea? For some reason I also have $4 in my head, but can't remember why.

i remember reading up about zoya- the polishes were half off, making them 3.50$

also if you didnt want to pay for shipping, you didnt have to ship the polishes in. i heard of many ladies just donating them locally. however, this leaves it open for people to take advantage and just order the half-price polish without donating :P

For those of you who have done the Zoya exchange, how do you go about shipping your polosh to them? I've never sent any type of package before so idk how shipping works. I really want to do this this year if they have it.

If I don't give them away, then I tend to swap them on MUA, or other swap sites on the net. I also use the swap box that goes around here on the Nail Care subforum periodically.

For those of you who have done the Zoya exchange, how do you go about shipping your polosh to them? I've never sent any type of package before so idk how shipping works. I really want to do this this year if they have it.

I did it two years ago, and I think it might have been a bit different back then, but what you did was pick out the polishes you wanted on Zoya's website, pay for shipping ($3.50 per polish? I can't remember), and they gave you a mailing slip so you could send it to them. It used to be a minimum of 6 polishes, I think. When they received your donations they sent you the box of new Zoyas.

Here's the info from the 2011 promo, for reference:

http://www.zoya.com/content/category/Nail_Polish_Exchange.html

I think the polishes were free, but maybe with shipping/handling it came out to be $4/ea? For some reason I also have $4 in my head, but can't remember why.
Oh thank you for taking the time and finding it :smile:

Last year I decided it would be too much of a hassle and too expensive, since I didn't really have any Zoya polishes on my wish list.

I really like the idea of setting them out in a ladies room though! I might do that in the future. All though at work doesn't work too well... small engineering company with like 1.5 ladies working here haha

I either give them away or I donate them to a Goodwill or a Women's shelter.

I hardly ever get rid of my polishes, since I've limited myself to only a few brands and only colors I know I'll love and will work with my skin tone, but I really like the idea of donating them to a women's shelter! I will definitely do this the next time I want to get rid of some polish

Maybe in addition to a free to a good home box is an honor system box in the ladies room where you put one in, take one out. They used to have an eyeshadow one like that in my dorm when I was in college. Maybe it's a little unsanitary, but I never had an issue with them.