Unwanted nail polishes... what to do with them?

Apr 2, 2007
What do you ladies do with nail polishes you no longer use/feel you've outgrown? :shrugs:

I was reorganizing my nail polishes today and took out about seven bottles of polishes that I once liked or thought were cute. Do any of you ladies recycle them by giving them away, throw them away or just save them and hope you'll have a purpose for them again in the future?

Aug 28, 2008
California
I took out 15 or so polishes from my collection and just out them aside in a bag. I was going to toss them, but I was thinking of just pouring/splattering them on a small canvas and use it as art on my wall. I'm not sure how that will turn out, but I guess it's worth a try since they're all drugstore polishes.

There's also a program that Zoya does where you send them your old polishes to recyle and they'll trade you new Zoyas. I'm not 100% sure how it works or if they still do this.

pre10d

Apr 17, 2011
New York, NY
What do you ladies do with nail polishes you no longer use/feel you've outgrown? :shrugs:

I was reorganizing my nail polishes today and took out about seven bottles of polishes that I once liked or thought were cute. Do any of you ladies recycle them by giving them away, throw them away or just save them and hope you'll have a purpose for them again in the future?
I pass them off to my friends generally but now I'm curious about this zoya program....

nordysgal

Dec 11, 2009
Los Angeles
The Zoya recycle program is once a year. Typically in the spring around Earth Day, if I remember correctly. During the promo, you can order up to a certain # of polishes (24, I think) and you have to mail in the same # of polishes from other brands. You do have to pay for shipping, but other than that it's a great promo! Def keep your eyes peeled in March/April.

its_a_keeper

*loves Dior NP*
Jul 26, 2011
*home*
I usually give them away to friends/neighbours/coworkers/mebers on TPF.

I think it is always great to share and give them away to where they are more appriciated if I don't like them anymore.

That Zoya Program sounds great! A shame that we don't have something like that over here!

its_a_keeper

*loves Dior NP*
Jul 26, 2011
*home*
I'm thinking of European exchange box...
haha! Thought so, too.
But shipping would kill it! Don't know how it is with the other european shipping companies, but here an insured package can be between 16,00 EUR up to 40,00 EUR, depending on the European country you are shipping to!

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
U.S.A.
Do you work outside the home?
Put the polishes in a box, label "free to a good home" if you wish, and put the box in the ladies room(s) in your building. They will be gone in no time!
I have done this several times at my work.

Apr 2, 2007
Thanks for the input ladies! I love all of the new ideas. I just feel so wasteful with throwing them out.

Put the polishes in a box, label "free to a good home" if you wish, and put the box in the ladies room(s) in your building. They will be gone in no time!
This is actually a really interesting idea... I don't know why I didn't think about giving them to co-workers since everyone loves freebies :smile:

pre10d

Apr 17, 2011
New York, NY
The Zoya recycle program is once a year. Typically in the spring around Earth Day, if I remember correctly. During the promo, you can order up to a certain # of polishes (24, I think) and you have to mail in the same # of polishes from other brands. You do have to pay for shipping, but other than that it's a great promo! Def keep your eyes peeled in March/April.
Oh wow. I'm totally doing that. I'll start hoarding my unwanted polished and can create a massive zoya stash. Whee.... :happydance:

Jan 1, 2010
Florida
Such a great idea! I'm going to save some for the exchange box but I'll probably do this with the ones I don't put in the box.