Unbelievable buyer's remorse

i can't believe that it's been over 2 weeks since i faxed out carol's letter and still no news from paypal....what took so long???

bad news is that i just got my 2 listings removed by ebay for trademark violation due to recent negative feedback (left by this scammer)questioning my authenticity

i have no idea what to do..i have emailed ebay customer service several times , also provided proof from carol, but havent heard from them..

i can't believe that it's been over 2 weeks since i faxed out carol's letter and still no news from paypal....what took so long???

bad news is that i just got my 2 listings removed by ebay for trademark violation due to recent negative feedback (left by this scammer)questioning my authenticity

i have no idea what to do..i have emailed ebay customer service several times , also provided proof from carol, but havent heard from them..

This sucks!@ How do you know they were specifically taken down because of the negative feedback?

Can you CALL ebay and ask them? You may be on hold for a long time, but it would certainly be worth it to speak to a real person. And if you don't get a good representative, ask for a supervisor?

still waiting on Paypal make their decision...last status is : Paypal request documentation from buyer " can't believe it..what else do they need? i have letter from caroldiva..Well , I guess they just want to be fair for both sides

I was actually wondering about this yesterday when I first started reading your thread. I seen that someone said that you should tell the buyer you are going through caroldiva for authentication and that is when I wondered if that would give your buyer any more ideas for his/her scam.

I'm not sure how caroldiva works but, say, a buyer claims an authentic bag is fake....they file a claim with paypal and paypal then wants proof of authentication. So, what if the buyer actually has a fake version of the authentic bag you sold them and they send the fake version to caroldiva for authentication?
Then, they would have a letter saying that the bag wasn't authentic.
Or..Not?
I guess, I was just wondering how the whole thing works. When you send a bag to caroldiva, does she include a picture of the bag with the letter?

It seems that is what your buyer is trying to do but, instead of actually sending the bag in, the buyer is trying to send caroldiva fake pictures which proves your case even further because..
If this buyer has this so-called "friend" at LV that wrote out this letter for her then, why would she need caroldiva?

Carol has the date code inside the bag, the buyer would not be able to duplicate that in a timely fashion. So CArol would know immediately that the photos of a fake bag with a different date code (if any) would be different than the OP's authentic bag and the date code provided in the original auction.

OP, I am so sorry this has happened to you. Has all your communication w/Ebay and PayPal been through emails, if so, you may want to actually speak to someone via phone. Also by the way, LV managers are authorized to provide non-authentic letters and these are done on Corporate letterhead. The only time LV will provide a letter for an authentic item is if it is required for insurance purposes. I know this for I had to acquire this myself for the rider on my allstate policy; however, the letter they provided was addressed to Allstate. There is no doubt in my mind that you will win this case and once you do, Ebay will remove the negative feedback from this crazy buyer. I was immediately alerted that it was a scam when the $200 offer was extended for the bag. I bet you this buyer has an ebay seller id and sells the items she scams off other sellers. I am so glad Carol was able to assist you, she is the BEST! I cannot imagine all the weird things she must come across, she's probably run into more scammers than you and I can imagine!

CAN"T BELIEVE WHAT PAYPAL HAD DONE TO ME!!!

can i appeal? they don't even look at carol's letter??

We have determined that your buyer is entitled to a refund for this
transaction. To receive this refund, the buyer must return the item to you
and provide us with their shipping information. Once we verify this
information, we will issue the buyer a refund from your PayPal account.
Please note, the buyer is responsible for the cost of returning the item to
you.

Since the buyer claimed that the item is not authentic, you may not relist
it on eBay

We apologize for the difficulties you had with this transaction and truly
hope that you find this resolution to be fair and reasonable for everyone
involved.

Sincerely,
Jack
Protection Services Department
PayPal, an eBay Company

Oh man...the saga continues.

Looks like Paypal doesn't even bother looking at a sellers case anymore when it comes to authenticity.

I would just hope that your bag comes back (I remember seeing pictures and there were patina marks so you will know its yours) and is actually your bag and in good condition. If it isn't then take photos immediatly. That way you can appeal it because they sent back a different bag.

You can try to appeal it now but they probably already told the buyer to send it back

Hopefully you will get your bag back in the same condition it left and you can put this whole aweful mess behind you!

i know from the beginning that this guy is a scammer, so i don't know what to expect when he returns my bag , either fake bag, empty box, or worse bag condition..

Document EVERYTHING as soon as you get it. If you have a video function on your camera then use it. That way there can be no doubt that the buyer sent what you got.

From what I've read in the ebay subforum, paypal washes their hands of it once it gets back to you. The only recourse then is to accuse the person of mail fraud with the postal service.