Unbelievable buyer's remorse

I would report this to the LV American Company site. I had a seller sell me a fake Gucci. I did not know it, and resold it to a person in NYC, who happened to actually tell me how she was able to get authentication from Gucci. She sent it to them and said she was mailing it out of the country as a gift and that customs forms were needed and it had to be authenticated. It was alligator. When Gucci sent the bag and letter back to her, she emailed all the info to me. I went after the seller who sold it to me. She actually refunded my money. I did loose a $200 deposit I put on an Hermes Birkin I was planning on buying from her for $8000. I look that I lost $200 rather than $7800. A lesson learned. That seller had 100% feedback too. It was a joke. The time had lapsed for me to take it up with ebay. But, when I learned there was problem, I asked her for her mailing address to send her another down on the Birkin rather than go through PP - PP WILL NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFO. She sent it to me. So, I had her name, address and told her I would report her for selling fakes. She swore up and down it was authentic and she bought it at the Chicago store...well, my buyer did have a friend at Gucci who went through the system and saw no one by her name. I was lucky and thank goodness I did not loose more money as I am sure the Birkin was a fake.

I would report this to the LV American Company site. I had a seller sell me a fake Gucci. I did not know it, and resold it to a person in NYC, who happened to actually tell me how she was able to get authentication from Gucci. She sent it to them and said she was mailing it out of the country as a gift and that customs forms were needed and it had to be authenticated. It was alligator. When Gucci sent the bag and letter back to her, she emailed all the info to me. I went after the seller who sold it to me. She actually refunded my money. I did loose a $200 deposit I put on an Hermes Birkin I was planning on buying from her for $8000. I look that I lost $200 rather than $7800. A lesson learned. That seller had 100% feedback too. It was a joke. The time had lapsed for me to take it up with ebay. But, when I learned there was problem, I asked her for her mailing address to send her another down on the Birkin rather than go through PP - PP WILL NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFO. She sent it to me. So, I had her name, address and told her I would report her for selling fakes. She swore up and down it was authentic and she bought it at the Chicago store...well, my buyer did have a friend at Gucci who went through the system and saw no one by her name. I was lucky and thank goodness I did not loose more money as I am sure the Birkin was a fake.
Hope you will post that seller so we can all avoid and/or block.

I have been subscribing to this thread and I really want to know the end result. I am wishing the OP the best. This is why I get so nervous about buying or selling high end items on eBay.

OMG sorry for all the truble you had to go to protect yourself, I wish all the best for your situation.... this tread made me think of buying special tamper proof tags, for selling handbags......

I am sorry to hear this. It sounds like a newbie scammer trying to offer $200 for an authentic bag then claim it's fake to get a good price. No honest person would do that. I hope their account gets revoked.

Best of luck for a positive outcome for you!

Only being a buyer on ebay, I never really appreciated how on earth a seller could be taken for a ride. Reading through all of this, I am horrified that there are people out there who could even come up with this sort of thing. How to they sleep at night?

It totally amazes me.

Keep us posted and keep up the good work!

Julie :yes:

hi

this case is being reviewed by paypal, will update soon!

Please God let me have some renewed faith in humanity! PayPal MUST NOT let this scumbag scammer of a "buyer" get away with this.....if they rule in favor of her then I'm afraid I don't even want to contemplate what this world is coming to and what, if any, protection there is for eBay sellers. Hoping the best for you!!

so true!

Please God let me have some renewed faith in humanity! PayPal MUST NOT let this scumbag scammer of a "buyer" get away with this.....if they rule in favor of her then I'm afraid I don't even want to contemplate what this world is coming to and what, if any, protection there is for eBay sellers. Hoping the best for you!!

yes, please please please!