Um....Retail therapy is not good in a recession.

I have no intention of taking a break from here, just from buying as many bags as I did last year! Lol!
I think it's sad if the forum has to be only about buying - as you say there's so much else to talk about.
I think there's days of modelling pics alone if we all did pics of our bags with different outfits like Ali-B did.

Ah sorry ladies, it was probably my thread that caused a bit of a jolt - no I only decided that because I appear to have no self control when it comes to bags when amongst a group of Mulberry loving fans, for me at least it is easier not to succumb to temptation when away from the heart of it all iykwim?

I mean just today SHM mentioned some Julia's on sale and there I am trying to find out which leather..what am I like!!

^^ Oh dear, we are all thinking about taking a break :smile:! Could it be that we have become more sensible...?

I will have a 6 months break, at least I will try really hard. Problem is that I also like hanging around tpf. Maybe we need a new project? How about "Mulberry bags - pros and cons" or something like that? Njaah, perhaps a boring idea...

Let's seriously start using what we have!

That's what i really need to do!!!!!:rolleyes:

I think collecting bags has become more a hobby for me. Yeah, that is definitely how I would describe it! That is the reason I guess why my collection is constantly changeing following the principle one-in-one-out. However, I have sold many unused bags lately and now I will make sure that won't happen again.

My motto from now on: "YOU BUY A BAG, YOU USE THE FREAK*** BAG" :nuts:!

"YOU BUY A BAG, YOU USE THE FREAK*** BAG" :nuts:!

Haha, that should be all our new motto...I think the forum, at least the Mulberry sub, is about to morph into a self-help group of bag addicts...fine by me!!!!

On second thought, I think it's always been that way, maybe Christmas and the sale was just a little relapse and we need a good talking to to get back on track with managing our addiction...someone come up with a 'step program'...;)

^^It does seem that way. No one had really bought much in the autumn & then it went bananas in the Christmas sale. I guess it'll quieten down again until the summer sale!
Good motto though Linnea!

Interesting thread. I stopped posting for a bit a few months ago, although was still lurking, and didn't have any bag lust at all. But then, bam, started posting again and fell off the wagon :rolleyes:

This year I have:
Sold
Ayler
Green Joni
Olive Phoebe
Bronze Bayswater

Bought
Navy Pleated Poppy
Vanilla Roxanne
Black Mini Mabel
Olive Martha
Seville Jody
Purple EW Bayswater - used twice
Teal/Marine Milton
Orange Large Mabel
Green Large Somerset - unused (yet!)
Oak zip wallet
Black Rivet Purse (Jody clutch) - unused
Teal/Marine long wallet
Keyrings - seahorse, chocolate enamel Bayswater, teal/gold heart, bronze leather initial

Hmmmm, that's quite a list :shame:

I definitely can't be adding to my collection so, much as it pains me, I'm going to need to sell a few bags if I'm going to get anything from the new collection (currently admiring small blue Jenah, metallic Shimmy hobo & silver mini Mabel).

I do use my bags - they only stay in their dustbags as I have so many. It's not that I don't carry them because they'll get ruined.

Great idea about planning outfits to go with our bags. Did we have a "what Mulberry are you carrying today" thread?

Today I am dressed totally around my Ocean Blue Mabel, she is having her first outing today. I have taken some photos but as usual am stuck for loading them to this site. I am going to have a go at Photobucket I think.

SJ _ I love it and confess I do this too!

Lots of colour out today then with orange and blue, lovely - perfect for the dark wintery day it is today!

I'm waiting for Collonil to arrive so I can take roxy for a spin.