UK Meet - Sat May 10 2008. Starts 11.30am.

Yep unfortunately I did come home empty handed (again). It was one of those days where you couldn't turn around in the shop without bumping into somebody. I was surprised that Bicester was so busy as pay weekend isn't until next weekend.

I went to Bicester last Saturday with DH, one of my daughters and her friend. We bought quite a lot of Xmas presents and went back again on the Sunday. I must admit l too was disappointed in the Mulberry outlet, l dont suppose it helped that the week before l had bought 3 bags from Shepton Mallett. We arrived at approx. 9.15 both mornings and were able to park easily and the first stop was for breakfast in Carluccios, however, people were driving round and round trying to find spaces by midday.

The great thing is my DH said he would go again!
:yahoo::yahoo:

I am pleased with my Alana I got last Thursday from Bicester and my mum was over the moon with her Roseberry. The shop was very quiet on that afternoon and we had planty of time to mooch around but I can imagine what it would be like on a weekend.

I also think it it makes a difference when mum is in her wheelchair, which sounds awful, but it means I 'park' her by the sofas then bring bags back to her as she calls across the shop. I then get a whiole collection of bags in front of her and she growls at anyone who comes close. When we bought the Bayswater one woman came to pick it up and my mum said 'if you value your life I'd stay away from that one, my daughter is making up her mind and will not be hurried' this was said in jest but the woman took flight and left the shop. ooops.

Sounds like I need to rent your mum when I go shopping. I'm not good at shopping at the best of times let alone when the shops are manic. If I do have to go shopping for something specific I like to go the shop get what I want and get out of there as quick as I can.

Can you believe it..we have a wedding in Liverpool on Saturday 3rd May,so I wanted to stay in England until Sunday 11th (and pop down to Bichester)now husband thinks we should leave on 10th.:cursing:

Can you believe it..we have a wedding in Liverpool on Saturday 3rd May,so I wanted to stay in England until Sunday 11th (and pop down to Bichester)now husband thinks we should leave on 10th.:cursing:
ooo,good luck with that one!! You could threaten him that he would have to come with you as a compromise!!! I think he would quail at the thought and agree to staying on the extra day!!!
Is the wedding for your freinds rellys etc,or his,that could be a VERY big bargaining tool!!!