uh oh....READ this IF U BOUGHT NEW MODERN CHAIN!

Yes, I did a search but I am trying to look for info from current owners who bought it despite the supposed recall. Did CHANEL really do something about it or did they just pull it off the shelves for a few weeks? Are the links holding up?

I was wondering the same thing. If Chanel fixed it/plans on fixing it and if the bag is ok. I really like it and would like to purchase it, but don't want it falling apart on me.

Does anybody know when the recall began? I was looking at them in the Bellagio Chanel around Dec. 20th and they were out in full force then. Jason (my SA) always tells me about things to be careful of / think about, etc. and I would be really surprised if he knew it then.

This is disturbing but, at least Chanel is making an attempt to correct the problem. I must confess though that I am concerned with quality as of late. Two months ago the clasp on my black jumbo broke and has gone back to Chanel for repair....it takes forever! The other day I noticed that several of the leather pieces between the chains of my expandable tote have pulled loose. I couldn't believe it! This bag isn't more than 5 months old and has not been used that much. These things shouldn't be happening. I probably should send to it back to Chanel for repair but it takes so bloody long to get the bags back. Ahhhhh!

I purchased a modern chain in mid december and have worn it twice. After reading this thread I called chanel and they claimed to know nothing about problems. Anyone know when the problems were suppossedly fixed?

i know that as i was sitting at chanel at Saks yesterday, they were bringing in the 'new' fixed Modern chains. so at least at my local store, they just got them back in after the "repairs" but i dont know what exactly the problem was.

my SA did mention that they redesigned the chain in terms of how it links together and also said they made the top part (where it would meet your shoulder)'s links smaller. but i wasnt really sure what she was saying.

I purchased my modern chain on Christmas and used it gently less than five times. The links in the chains fell off today. This is sad because I put off using the purse because I was heavily contemplating on returning it due to this issue. When I called Chanel after my purchase to address my concern, they told me that I was fine as I had purchased the imrpoved modern chain purse. I guess not. I called my SA today and she was nice enough to offer me a store credit. It's just that now, I have to ship it in since I purchased it out of state. What a hassel! She offered to have my purse fixed but I declined. I just can't imagine having repeats of this incident and sending it in each time nor do I want to be embarrassed with my purse falling off my shoulder in the middle of nowhere. Just thought that I'd post and tell people my store if they are contemplating the modern chain. Sad thing is, I really liked my modern chain tote and was attached to it. However, if I pay close to $2400 for a purse, I expect quality.