UGH....Oblique Seller

Has he left you FB?

No- I've yet to leave him feedback because his refund is still listed as "pending". I'm a bit concerned though because after he refunded me he sent an email only saying "sent" and under the notes section of the PP transaction he said "there you go". I've taken pains to be overly nice in this situation- really hope he's not pissy enough to neg me :sad:

That is not right that the seller charged that much for shipping and then they only paid $6.95...you did the right thing complaining. It is a shame that you even had to be the one to say anything. I once overcharged a buyer shipping and I refunded the difference, it is only fair you know.

I ordered a bunch of different vintage magazines for Christmas and ran into this problem a lot. Most of the sellers sent them out media mail and charged priority prices. I just gave them 1 star in the rating area for shipping. It's obnoxious. I always refund shipping overages also when selling. Sometimes it is hard to get the right price even with the shipping calculator. I always lose money on overseas shipping.

As a seller, I really try to be fair about shipping. I have added a minimal $5 handling fee to the postage/shipping. I weigh the item in its packaging before I list it. The buyer is able to calcuate the shipping. I almost exclusively use USPS priority. I think the handling fee is very fair considering the cost of packaging. I am very careful with my items and wrap everything in tissue and make sure the box in which I ship is very clean, if not new. The price of gas is really forcing my expenses up.
--J