ugh, Item shows up as delivered, buyer says she never got it

Not your problem anymore. I had that happen to me recently. It was a $40 pair of sneakers and the buyer wanted them delivered to her dorm. I asked if she was sure and she said yes. I sent them with delivery conformation. A few days later she e-mails asking about them. I looked it up and they had been delivered the day before. I gave her all the info and never heard from her again. I don't know if she eventually got them or not. You have done all you can.

I sold a pair of shoes. I sent them priority mail w delivery confirmation and insurance. The usps tracking number shows delivered. Girl says she never got them. USPS says that insurance no longer applies because they show delivered. She talked to the post office there and they dont' remember that specific package but that it says delivered. I spoke w my post office and they said for her to contact her post office.

I think that I can just tell her that it says delivered, I did my part, that's it. I don't think I owe her a refund. What do you guys think? I mean, for all I know she could be totally scamming me to get free shoes (they were only $30, but still.

What would you do? Thanks

Assume your Buyer is telling the truth (why not?) and commiserate, but there is nothing you can do, nor should you (except continue your excellent customer service by being nice and supportive.) These things happen. We recently sent a handbag to a customer in Germany, USPS Express, insured. Tracking shows the bag was accepted in Divide, CO (which is, oh 800 miles from here!) and that is all. Fortunately the Buyer is a good person, reported receipt and that she is thrilled. Good thing, because we have no proof at all for PayPal if she had been a bad person.

Life is what happens while you're waiting for the next best thing to come along =)

It is no longer your issue....if it shows delivered, then you're off the hook. I just went through a similar incident where an item was never delivered and because the tracking showed nothing more than the seller registering the package for shipment then she was obligated to refund. It was also insured so she needed to apply for the insurance reimbursement through USPS. But in this case, you're in the clear!