uggh I'm so frustrated! and I officially hate ebay!

Bleh, I personally hate buyers that want to be nit picky. She knew that she was saving money on a barely used bag, but then to have the gall to ask for half of the repairs... meh meh meh, it's not the $30, but it's the principal of paying her to "clean/fix" it, when in truth you don't know where that money is really going towards. If she wanted a new bag, then she should suck it up and buy it at new price. The seller isn't responsible for such repairs, but it's the threat of having to deal with paypal and chargebacks, that kind of power from the power is truly unfair for the truthful seller.

I wonder if these white marks the buyer is speaking of are simple marks which can be removed from the canvas with a mr clean eraser pad. I personally do not think she even took it to a repair shop, who is going to take a LV to a repair shop over taking it to a LV counter for repair questions? It sounds like the buyer, although sounding nice in her emails, is trying to simply recoup some of her money. I am assuming the buyer must have contacted you during the auction and made an offer less then you planned on selling it for and therefore she already saved quite a bit once you ended the auction for her. One option you have is to offer her a refund and have her send it back at her expense and once you receive the same bag you sent to her in the SAME condition you will refund her. I would bet you $$$$ she would then say forget it and keeps the bag and you never hear from her again. I really question whether she ever took it to a repair shop though. :wlae:IN FACT, WHY DON'T YOU ASK HER FOR THE REPAIR SHOP PHONE # AND TELL HER YOU WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO THEM YOURSELF TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY!! That may end it right there, if indeed she never did go to one!!!! Good Luck

Tough lesson for you, sorry it happened....
I don't know how some people, like your buyer, can stand to face themselves after some of the dishonest things they do.

i would not pay her 30 you used the bag for 1 week and you looked it over before you sent it if it had scratches and it had tarnished you would have noticed that. She's just trying to get money out of you stand your ground

ok i just read the part where it's a lv bag...i would def not do that....what IF she does take it and they ruin the bag somehow because a shoe repair man doesn't deal w/ lv and then she is really unhappy...do you think she is going to complain to the repair person??? NOPE she will come straight to you. I would send her a email thru ebay telling her she should not take it to a shoe repair and go to a lv store.

Why can't she just clean the so called tarnish areas with a jewelry cleaning cloth for tarnish? I have never had a LV tarnish until it got pretty old and I used a car metal cleaner with a soft cloth and all the metal on my bags look like new-even my 20+ year old Noe. If you send her the money she can say you knew the back has defects and maybe want more and more from you.

hugs to you... paypal finally settled after an ebayer seller sold me a fake sweet monogram pendant... but not before i lost out 65 on shipping and my pouppete charges (non refundable). paypal (owned by ebay) makes you jump through hoops just to get the buyer protection they advertise on ebay. hugs to you again.

Yes, I would suggest she take it to an LV shop. If she is telling the truth it sounds like the bag is defective in some way, and if so, no matter who bought it, LV should replace or repair it for free. She could always present them with a copy of the receipt and say it was a gift.

If she isn't telling the truth, then the idea of going to an LV shop would not be welcomed. If I were you I would insist on her taking to LV for assessment. Make it part of your "deal" with her. Tell her your (very real) concerns that a shoe repair place might seriously damage the bag. If she is scamming you for a partial refund, or paving the way for a chargeback, she probably won't agree.

Make sure you keep all your/her emails and make sure you have a copy of your auction saved in Acrobat or on a hard copy. Ebay does delete photos after a time and you might need them someday.

good luck

Oh boy..

Definitely sounds like buyers remorse since first she said that the bag was damaged and now is asking if the item is authentic. She can't seem to get her story straight!!

I do hope it works out for you.