Scarves Tutorial: Repairing pulls in Cashmere/Silk scarves

1. Good work!! :tup::tup:

I had a similar experience with “The Real Real”. The shawl was described as in very good condition. But it has a lot of runs and pulls. Too many to even attempt to fix them. I requested an RMA, started packing it up, and decided I loved the CW too much, and would probably never find one again. (It’s Chasse en Inde in the peach CW.)

Julide and HoneyLocks like this.
  2. I wanna try this but so scared

MotoChiq and Julide like this.
  3. +1 Thank you so much.

MSO13 likes this.
  4. This is a great tutorial! I just bought my first CSGM and had no idea snagging was common. Now I have a handy reference guide for what to do when it does happen! Thank you for warding off a future panic

5. +1.

I caved and brought my beloved CSGM PdS to my local boutique to see if they can send it out for reweaving. I found not only the original pull, but also one more that was even larger!:eek::eek: I have no idea how much it will cost to fix them....

zeitaku likes this.
  6. Thank you so much! I will set the shawl aside until I've calmed down, then give this a try.

MSO13, zeitaku and PoppyLadyBird like this.
  7. Please let us know if you can who your boutique uses. I wonder if this is done in house or they send it out for repair....

8. I just bought my first CSGM a few weeks ago and am in love. But now I am concerned that they are extremely delicate! Do they really snag and run easily? This may deter me from buying another... I take care of my clothes, but do wear them hard.

9. As far as I know, they send it out for repair. I will be picking it up in Mid July. Stay tuned for the results.

Julide and zeitaku like this.
  10. Update for my repair on my PdS CSGM: It was about 1 month from when it was accepted at the store to when it was ready for pick up. The repair costs for the pulls was $100USD. They did a really good job, and I can't even tell where they were located.

Julide likes this.
  11. Hi you won’t happen to have any before and after pics, do you? :blush:;)