Scarves Tutorial: Repairing pulls in Cashmere/Silk scarves

Hi everyone, I'd like some advice. I've just noticed a snag on one of my cashmere shawls and I'm not sure if it can be fixed or not. As you can see, this has happened right at the edge and the thread has broken. Is there any chance of repair at all? I also bought this in the Hermes sale so I don't think they will even accept a repair for this. I'm based in London (UK) if anyone knows of someone local who might be able to help if Hermes can't.

View attachment 5614370
You should still be able to tease this back into place, using the method described above. Just be careful not to pull too hard or the loose end will disappear into the fabric and you won’t be able to correct in the opposite direction if needed.
I don’t think it would matter to Hermes if you bought it in the sale. They should stand behind their products for repair support.

Reactions: EtsyBoss
You should still be able to tease this back into place, using the method described above. Just be careful not to pull too hard or the loose end will disappear into the fabric and you won’t be able to correct in the opposite direction if needed.
I don’t think it would matter to Hermes if you bought it in the sale. They should stand behind their products for repair support.
I agree, this looks very fixable, just be sure to go slow if you attempt it yourself. Really, all you need is a needle. And be careful like Lellabelle said to not pull too far so the end doesn't disappear into the fabric. You want it just enough to fall back into alignment.

Feeling like a prof just gave me an A on my first term paper, and riding high, I thought yes... let's attempt to write a dissertation next, recalling my very first CSGM, L'arbe du Vent, which after years of love and wear has so many snags and pills that it is in absolutely dreadful condition. It has pills, pulls, and matted snags where it pilled and matted over a snagged loop so bad that it essentially matted the pulled thread back onto itself. A very sad pitiful state.

5 hours later after sitting under a very bright light and looking at the fabric from 2 inches away... I tamed the 12 (!) parallel snags running vertically and another 10 or so running horizontally (!), took out some pills and did what I could to restore this precious baby.

Now I am hooked!

View attachment 5594109

View attachment 5594110
Incredible! You're a wizard! I need to take some lessons of dexterity and patience :lol:

I have a snag in my favourite shawl but I'm really bad with needles and am extremely afraid to damaged it even more. Do some of you know if I go to an Hermes boutique, will they be able to fix it for me ?
Thank you for your help.

I know, it is not Hermès related but with this tutorial, I could fix my LV Monogram Shine scarf.

I used a mounted magnifier with LEDs and the blunt end of a needle - plus patience and now my back is a mess :biggrin:
But it was totally worth it!

Had to be extra careful because the threads are so thin and I did not want to create more pulls by pulling the wrong thread. But it worked out!!

Thank you so much! So happy now!