turq 08 city with green handles? HELP!

bluegator314

Aug 4, 2007
hi everyone---so i just received a bag from neimans in short hills, NJ through the mail...it is the 08 turq city with regular hardware. i was excited about the color but gasped in shock when i saw the handles: sea green stitching! it sticks out like a sore thumb if you ask me. i cant figure out how to ...could people please tell me what they think, and post pics of their handles if they also have a turquoise 08, in any style? its looking like a return to me now because the color difference is so prominent it almost looks fake (in my opinion)!

thank you VERY much!

Attachments

• clip_image002.jpg
    clip_image002.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 104
  • handles.JPG
    handles.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 108
  • handles2.JPG
    handles2.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 61
This is right, I think. '08 Turq does have green-ish handles. There's been discussion about this. It's definitely not a defect or anything. Do you dislike it? If so, maybe you should get a different color. :yes:

This is on all the turq bags. I haven't seen them IRL, but from pics I've seen throughout the forum, I think they look cool! But a lot of people don't like them. Maybe if you want a light blue sky blue from the s/s 08 collection might work for you?

i think you are both right! i might have to try a sky blue :smile: and not to knock anyone who likes it! it's just personal preference...and it stuck out to me, so I thought I would ask. Thanks for the input!

I actually love it when the stitching is different from the leather color. It looks so great to me, like a contrast. My rouille is like that and my 06 lilac had it.

lol this is the first thing i noticed when i saw the turq o8 IRL. i was like "ehhh, why are the handles bright green??"

i think it stands out too... dont know if i could get past it or not to be honest. i'd probably send it back for sky blue, which is a wicked color IMO.

personally i like it but I guess it would be harder to match with your outfit...unless you were going for an all over blue-green theme. I'm a big fan of Balenciaga greens though!