Trend of justification developing in the forum

I see what your saying. I cant really relate (bag purchasing wise), but I think this is a nice discussion thread.

OT - Sometimes I feel really left out because I cant really enjoy purchasing designer bags like a lot of the ladies here. I just dont have the money or the resources (only dept. stores here). I know not everyone buys high-end but a great deal do, and I'm afraid if I ask questions on lower-end brands I'll be looked down on or ignored :[ In a lot of the threads, many have been clear on 'if you like it who cares if its designer or not', but at the same time, no one pays a whole lot of attention to non-designer brands either (at least not to as great an extent as they do on designer brands).

Sorry I rambled, I needed to get that out of me. I feel so left out sometimes, I wish I could 'participate' more, but really I came to learn from all the lovely ladies here, which I feel I am, and I thank you all for that.

BagLovingMom said:
^^^ Don't feel left out that's what so great about the forum, such a diverse community. I used to live in the Triangle, raleigh has good shopping doesn't it?

Thank you BagLovingMom! Yeah Raleigh has good shopping, especially compared to where I used to live in Florida (panhandle area, Fort Walton, very boring lol), but I've only seen a Coach store, and other than that there's Nordstroms and lots of other department stores. Is there anywhere else you recommend? I'm so new here (moved here July '05) and don't have a car (and I've gotten lost on the bus routes before lol) :/

Well welcome to the PF and NC!! I'm in Charlotte now, but grew up in NC and went to college in the Triangle, and lived there until I moved for grad school! They do have a LV in Raleigh, and Cameron Village is it? has nice shops, Beanie and Cecil sticks out in my mind, very cute store. Uniquities is also a cute store, I actually know the owner, it's flagship store is in Chapel Hill. Then in Durham (I love Durham, go Blue Devils!) there's the new mall, Streets of Southpoint. There lots of really nice vintage store in the triangge too, like Once and Again in Chapel Hill. Charlotte is only a couple of hours away too! We have tons of fab shopping here. I love the Triangle area, all the colleges make for a great atmosphere, I hope you'll love it too!

Oooh, we almost moved to Raleigh last year! MY DH still talks about the neighborhood we found, it's SO beautiful there!

I agree, this is a nice discussion. I don't feel like people will look down at you for not talking about only higher end designers, but there may be less responses.
I also feel like I'm a little "out of it" compared to a lot of people here.
I don't really "collect" handbgas and I only have a few "designer" ones.
But I don't care! I'm chatting just the same! LOL!

abandonedimages said:
I see what your saying. I cant really relate (bag purchasing wise), but I think this is a nice discussion thread.

OT - Sometimes I feel really left out because I cant really enjoy purchasing designer bags like a lot of the ladies here. I just dont have the money or the resources (only dept. stores here). I know not everyone buys high-end but a great deal do, and I'm afraid if I ask questions on lower-end brands I'll be looked down on or ignored :[ In a lot of the threads, many have been clear on 'if you like it who cares if its designer or not', but at the same time, no one pays a whole lot of attention to non-designer brands either (at least not to as great an extent as they do on designer brands).

Sorry I rambled, I needed to get that out of me. I feel so left out sometimes, I wish I could 'participate' more, but really I came to learn from all the lovely ladies here, which I feel I am, and I thank you all for that.

This is the last feeling we want anyone to have from visiting this forum. Vlad and I talk about it all the time, because I may run this site- but I too do not have a collection like the ladies here! And that is ok. There are times when I see a total no name bag that I love too! It is all ok and we welcome you to talk about ANY bag from ANY price range- don't feel left out, I am sure you will not be ignored or over-looked!

Vlad and I have this forum open for any discussion topic. We do moderate as we see fit also. I think sometimes people may feel the need to justify a purchase because it is a huge expense- and that may just be personalality and how the individual deals with his/her shopping. No one has to give out more information than they feel comfortable with, and some people may disclose more than others would.

Like Swanky said earlier, if anyone does have a personal problem- do try to resolve it over PM. But this thread is fine to have, because after all, the General Discussion section is open to anything and we do not try to keep people from giving their opinions! :idea:

BagLovingMom said:
Well welcome to the PF and NC!! I'm in Charlotte now, but grew up in NC and went to college in the Triangle, and lived there until I moved for grad school! They do have a LV in Raleigh, and Cameron Village is it? has nice shops, Beanie and Cecil sticks out in my mind, very cute store. Uniquities is also a cute store, I actually know the owner, it's flagship store is in Chapel Hill. Then in Durham (I love Durham, go Blue Devils!) there's the new mall, Streets of Southpoint. There lots of really nice vintage store in the triangge too, like Once and Again in Chapel Hill. Charlotte is only a couple of hours away too! We have tons of fab shopping here. I love the Triangle area, all the colleges make for a great atmosphere, I hope you'll love it too!

Thank you! I think I might actually print this out, lol! I had no idea they had a LV here, and Cameron Village - I could walk there it's so close! Now all I have to do is find a good shopping partner :[

abandonedimages said:

It's ok ,No one can buy everything (unless you are ..I don't know richer than the richest of the world?:wacko: ), that is why we come to the forum to learn , share,look at other people's collection;) low end high end they are all just handbags with same function right?!

Megs said:
This is the last feeling we want anyone to have from visiting this forum. Vlad and I talk about it all the time, because I may run this site- but I too do not have a collection like the ladies here! And that is ok. There are times when I see a total no name bag that I love too! It is all ok and we welcome you to talk about ANY bag from ANY price range- don't feel left out, I am sure you will not be ignored or over-looked!

Vlad and I have this forum open for any discussion topic. We do moderate as we see fit also. I think sometimes people may feel the need to justify a purchase because it is a huge expense- and that may just be personalality and how the individual deals with his/her shopping. No one has to give out more information than they feel comfortable with, and some people may disclose more than others would.

Like Swanky said earlier, if anyone does have a personal problem- do try to resolve it over PM. But this thread is fine to have, because after all, the General Discussion section is open to anything and we do not try to keep people from giving their opinions! :idea:

Thanks Megs! I love this forum, you (and Vlad!) never fail to make me feel welcome here. I appreciate that so much.

SwankyMamaof3 said:
Oooh, we almost moved to Raleigh last year! MY DH still talks about the neighborhood we found, it's SO beautiful there!

I agree, this is a nice discussion. I don't feel like people will look down at you for not talking about only higher end designers, but there may be less responses.

Thank you Swanky! You guys always make me feel welcome & never make me feel down just because I'm in a different situation than everyone else here (er, mostly). Also, I agree I love the Raleigh area, lol.

Everevereve said:
It's ok ,No one can buy everything (unless you are ..I don't know richer than the richest of the world?:wacko: ), that is why we come to the forum to learn , share,look at other people's collection;) low end high end they are all just handbags with same function right?!

Yes!

SwankyMamaof3 said:
I don't really collect handbags either. I only own two designer bags and two wallets. I am just here, because I enjoy them so much. I also like looking at other members' bags.

Swedie said:
Abandonedimages, I'm moving to Raleigh in July!! :biggrin: We should shop together :biggrin:

The LV store is in the Saks 5th ave in the Triangle Town center mall :love:

I am there Swedie! lol Just tell me when and where :biggrin: I have to visit my family in this summer in Florida, but I'll be back! Seriously I would love that though!

ArmCandyLuvr said:
I don't really collect handbags either. I only own two designer bags and two wallets. I am just here, because I enjoy them so much. I also like looking at other members' bags.

I'm the same way. I have a LV speedy and that's it :P then I have a LV wallet and a LV agenda. That's it! :lol: And Prada sunglasses LOL I would love to buy more, and I intend to, but I'm not by any means collecting. I am just starting my real life and I don't have the funds to buy a ton of designer stuff. I still enjoy inexpensive bags a lot!
I love looking at other peoples collections as well :love: The first month I was a member here, I was turning into a bag snob!! I was getting obsessed with brands and then I remembered that that isn't really me. I love my H&M clothes! :lol:
This place is about our LOVE for handbags, no name or designer, it doesn't matter :love:

abandonedimages said:
I am there Swedie! lol Just tell me when and where :biggrin: I have to visit my family in this summer in Florida, but I'll be back! Seriously I would love that though!

We'll do it! :amuse: I am moving there from Sweden, so I need some friends and shopping partners :lol: