Treating Treesje Leather?

Has anyone experienced that the leather on their Treesje bags seems to either chip or get kind of wrinkly? I have conditioned my both my Metro clutches and my Pumpkin Asher. I used Wilson's on them. On the Metro clutches they are dry and seem like the leather is starting to crack. Is there anything else I should use to better condition them? Is it worth send them to Treesje to get the leather re-conditioned? Any suggestions would be a great help.

Has anyone experienced that the leather on their Treesje bags seems to either chip or get kind of wrinkly? I have conditioned my both my Metro clutches and my Pumpkin Asher. I used Wilson's on them. On the Metro clutches they are dry and seem like the leather is starting to crack. Is there anything else I should use to better condition them? Is it worth send them to Treesje to get the leather re-conditioned? Any suggestions would be a great help.

This was happening on some of my bags. They weren't cracking exactly but looked dry like the leather was parched and it wanted to crack. I used a LMB moisturizer and it made it look much less cracked and very supple. It really made a difference on my black Asher, which I beat the heck out of and has been caught in the rain many times.

Oh honey this is happening to my Gray Port Travel tote! I figured maybe mine was defective or something...I left it alone. But once the bag started to break-in, the stiff shape is lost and the leather is all wrinkling where the bag folds onto itself when resting. The leather looks cracked. I used my Wilsons spray on it too before I started wearing it. I'm thinking this is something that eventually happens with these leather. Though once broken in the leather is sooooo soft! I love it, but don't love the wrinkles.

ok, responding to myself, but just fyi for anyone who comes across this in the future... I bought the botanical cleanser from lovin' my bags and it got out pretty much everything. It was magical! And i bought the miracle shield and will treat it with that probably today or tomorrow.

this is awesome! Thanks!

By the way...is it necessary to use LMB For Handles Only on glazed Ashers? I know the glaze helps to protect the bag, but I have never worn my Ashers long enough to get oily hands and stain on them, but I plan on using my new Lemon Mini Asher (thanks Michelle:cloud9:) and it's light colored, so I'm wondering if I should do that extra step...hmm? Or should I just spray it with my Wilsons and keep it going?

TIA!

By the way...is it necessary to use LMB For Handles Only on glazed Ashers? I know the glaze helps to protect the bag, but I have never worn my Ashers long enough to get oily hands and stain on them, but I plan on using my new Lemon Mini Asher (thanks Michelle:cloud9:) and it's light colored, so I'm wondering if I should do that extra step...hmm? Or should I just spray it with my Wilsons and keep it going?

TIA!

I've never treated a glazed lambskin bag but it seems like any treatment would ruin the finish?

A light colored bag though, (not glazed) 'd treat it like there's no tomorrow.

I've never treated a glazed lambskin bag but it seems like any treatment would ruin the finish?

A light colored bag though, (not glazed) 'd treat it like there's no tomorrow.

Crap...I wasn't even thinking about it and, by force of habit, I did it today and instantly took a rag and started to try to buff out the Wilsons spray..oh well. Still looks purtyyyy tho. THANK YOU!

TIA!

LMB has some moisturizers/conditioners specifically for glazed leathers to put back some of the shine :smile:

Ok Treesje is NOW saying you should take your new bag to a leather expert to be scotchquarded to protect it from color fade. My purple Revealed is a) never exposed to the sun b) kept in it's sleeper in my climate controlled closet c) only used 10 times max and within a year the top is turning brown.

Treesje has a new website, and I am pretty sure the scotchquarding is a new thing. None of my care cards said One word about scotchguarding, and I am afraid they are trying to wiggle out of my warranty.

So, have your bags scotchguarded. Words from Treesje.

Ok Treesje is NOW saying you should take your new bag to a leather expert to be scotchquarded to protect it from color fade. My purple Revealed is a) never exposed to the sun b) kept in it's sleeper in my climate controlled closet c) only used 10 times max and within a year the top is turning brown.

Treesje has a new website, and I am pretty sure the scotchquarding is a new thing. None of my care cards said One word about scotchguarding, and I am afraid they are trying to wiggle out of my warranty.

So, have your bags scotchguarded. Words from Treesje.

^ That is so unfortunate. I'm sorry. :hugs:

^ That is so unfortunate. I'm sorry. :hugs:

Awww thank you, but good news. I conditioned it with Apple Care, buffed it, and then 2 coats of Apple Garde rain and stain protector, and it revitalized. So then I conditioned all my Treesje, and did the stain garde. I'm happy to say, my revealed is lovely again...no help or support from Treesje.

I posted how it all turned out fine in a thread, but I guess I forgot to do it here.

So, again Bottom Line- Treesje NOW suggests scotchgarding all new bags. But I looked up scotgarding, and it seems to do the same as the Apple rain and stain, so I used that with good results.