Touch B25 - should I go for it?

Just think about how frequent and where you are going to use the touch B25 with nearly a $20K (?) price tag, if everything makes any sense to you and your day to day lifestyle. Listening to your heart and wallet not your SA. Good luck dear.

I would pass. The touch bags are so expensive. As people have said, the flap will likely be tucked in an not seen most of the time. Also agree never to buy just because you don't want to disappoint your SA. And, I don't think the black touch B looks at all like a regular black B. Hold out.

Yes if I think about it honestly, not disappointing my SA is definitely a factor in there. And you’re right, when I look at B touch in pics, I only like the ones that have the back folded in (although that’s the only way I like to wear all Bs).

Reactions: CMilly
I agree with most people here. They are beautiful bags but just so much more expensive than regular leather and the nicest part is exactly where your hands go! I was offered a B30 Noir touch GHW but passed because I'm awaiting another bag. I am looking for special leathers, so that is why the Touch was brought up. Gorgeous but a pass for me.

Good you're going to see it though! Please post pictures! I didn't even go see the touch I was offered.

Unfortunately my home store actively discourages photos and even with pieces I’ve committed to buy, my SA seems nervous if I ask to take pics (and the other SAs say no if I’m trying on bags without my own SA there). I think it’s a store manager decision as I’ve shopped in other stores in my city and they don’t mind pics.

No way.
Wait for what you want.
Same thing happened to me....
Offer touch... long speech about potentially waiting forever blah blah blah
Didn't go see it.. it's just not right
less than a month later, my wish list bag arrived like magic...
HAPPY GIRL

Thank you! This is really encouraging for me to hear. I do trust my SA but I am aware that it is a biz relationship and she is there to move merchandise. I am thinking of messaging her ahead of time to let her know of my uncertainty to manage her expectations when I go in.

Just think about how frequent and where you are going to use the touch B25 with nearly a $20K (?) price tag, if everything makes any sense to you and your day to day lifestyle. Listening to your heart and wallet not your SA. Good luck dear.

Good point! I’m still new to H and not as carefree or unconscious when carrying my (regular) H bags compared to others. A Touch may be a bit out of my comfort zone for the moment.

Thank you! This is really encouraging for me to hear. I do trust my SA but I am aware that it is a biz relationship and she is there to move merchandise. I am thinking of messaging her ahead of time to let her know of my uncertainty to manage her expectations when I go in.
Do you think there is a chance you will buy the bag?

Just really want to thank everyone for your advice! I’m a newbie and really appreciate the opinions of those who are so much more familiar with H world.

I’m going to message my SA ahead of time to let her know my reservations and to manage her expectations so she is aware I may turn down. I don’t know how much they really “work” to get us our offers but she is a senior SA (on her name card) so presumably experienced.

I’m also wondering if I should add a Kelly (K25/28?) to my wish list. (I don’t have any Ks, just a Kelly Ado in addition to my two Bs) I’ve always love B more but recently I’ve noticed my head turning when I see others carrying K in the streets. I honestly don’t mind waiting as I’m in no hurry.

50% when I first got off the phone with her. But after getting all the advice here, I’m thinking probably no. Should I message her and just not go see it?
The SAs don’t make commission from B/Ks so you aren’t costing her any income. This bag is a 25 so they definitely won’t have too much trouble finding a buyer and I would try not to worry about that. In fact, you may be helping your SA by not taking it if you don’t really want it because it will allow her to make an additional customer thrilled to receive the bag for themselves. I totally understand the internal pressure of wanting to not let down your SA but when it comes to B/K offers, it really shouldn’t be a concern. :smile:

50% when I first got off the phone with her. But after getting all the advice here, I’m thinking probably no. Should I message her and just not go see it?
This is just me.... I would rather not be tempted. It is hard for me to take up my SA time knowing this is not the right bag for me in my own mind and then having to face the awkwardness of saying no....
Knowing that an exotic bag is not for me and my lifestyle, I would kindly decline and not go. It is an amazing offer and the bag will sell itself. Don't worry about that. In the end, you must decide what is best for you. Maybe you just want to SEE it... try the 25... I'm not sure. It's up to you dear. I just know that I was in your situation. I knew for sure it was not going home with me so I did not go.

This is just me.... I would rather not be tempted. It is hard for me to take up my SA time knowing this is not the right bag for me in my own mind and then having to face the awkwardness of saying no....
Knowing that an exotic bag is not for me and my lifestyle, I would kindly decline and not go. It is an amazing offer and the bag will sell itself. Don't worry about that. In the end, you must decide what is best for you. Maybe you just want to SEE it... try the 25... I'm not sure. It's up to you dear. I just know that I was in your situation. I knew for sure it was not going home with me so I did not go.

Thanks, I really value this advice. You’ve pretty much summed up how I feel.

Reactions: Israeli_Flava
The SAs don’t make commission from B/Ks so you aren’t costing her any income. This bag is a 25 so they definitely won’t have too much trouble finding a buyer and I would try not to worry about that. In fact, you may be helping your SA by not taking it if you don’t really want it because it will allow her to make an additional customer thrilled to receive the bag for themselves. I totally understand the internal pressure of wanting to not let down your SA but when it comes to B/K offers, it really shouldn’t be a concern. :smile:

This is really good to know. There is so much conflicting info about H and the SA relationship, it’s nice to get some clarity and not feel pressured. Shopping should be fun, not anxiety provoking!

Like Israeli_flava said.. If you know it’s not for you, I would politely pass. Just make sure you say, thank you so much, and say something like “if it were in Togo it would be 1000% yess .. but at the moment I’m not sure the touch of exotic will fit my lifestyle”

That way you give your SA a chance to offer it to another client who will have brought in more sales for your SA. But if you think there is a chance you will take it, then go see it! I just know that when I go to H and see the bag come out of the box under that terrible yellow H light.. I CAN NOT SAY NO :eek: so it’s better to be rational before you get there

Like Israeli_flava said.. If you know it’s not for you, I would politely pass. Just make sure you say, thank you so much, and say something like “if it were in Togo it would be 1000% yess .. but at the moment I’m not sure the touch of exotic will fit my lifestyle”

That way you give your SA a chance to offer it to another client who will have brought in more sales for your SA. But if you think there is a chance you will take it, then go see it! I just know that when I go to H and see the bag come out of the box under that terrible yellow H light.. I CAN NOT SAY NO :eek: so it’s better to be rational before you get there

Yes yes, being rational is key! :eek:

I know others suggested to go look at it first which makes total sense except that I know me and I’m very very bad at saying no. It’s likely it’ll be so beautiful (that H ambience!!) that I will bring it home even knowing it’s not really what I need or will use.

Thank you, I’m going to reach out to my SA tomorrow (as she’s off today and I don’t want to bother her at home).