Touch B25 - should I go for it?

eckw

Feb 28, 2015
I just got a call from my SA offering me a black Touch B25. She knows a regular black B25 is at the top of my wish list but she’s been checking for me and says the wait could be quite long. I actually didn’t want a touch B, as I’m quite clumsy and has never considered exotics before. Price is of course a consideration as it’ll be about 50% (or more) higher and I’ve recently bought quite a lot.

But this will be the first quota bag offered to me in my home store (I got my other two Bs while travelling) and my city stores, while decently stocked, are highly competitive. I really like my SA and I value her advice.

Should I go for it? I’m relatively new to H and would be grateful for any advice. TIA!

Do you have any interest in exotics? If you got the B Touch today and were offered the regular leather B tomorrow, would you regret getting the Touch?

I think it’s worth seeing the Touch before you make your decision, but if you don’t love it after you see it, then you’re probably better off waiting until the exact bag that you want comes in. With Hermes, patience is key! Even if it takes a while, it’s worth waiting for exactly what you want.

Do you have any interest in exotics? If you got the B Touch today and were offered the regular leather B tomorrow, would you regret getting the Touch?

I think it’s worth seeing the Touch before you make your decision, but if you don’t love it after you see it, then you’re probably better off waiting until the exact bag that you want comes in. With Hermes, patience is key! Even if it takes a while, it’s worth waiting for exactly what you want.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve never owned any exotics and I’ve only seen my friend’s croc Constance but never any touch Bs in real life. Ideally I’d love a black B25 with GHW but would be happy with PHW if only that’s available. I’ve only seen pics of the B touch online and my SA also suggested I go in next week to look at it before deciding. I do have a regular Togo B25 in etain so a B touch be more special so long as I can justify the price jump if I love it enough.

You sound a bit tentative about it so if say wait for what you really want. These bags are too expensive to be later viewed as mistakes

Thanks, I’m going to look at it in person next week and if I don’t truly love it when I see it IRL then I will pass as I definitely don’t want to regret later.

Don't ever shop over guilt, only for love. Go see it in person and see if you fall in love with it. I never thought I'd want a Kelly Retourner or a white bag or even a size 32, but once I saw it I knew I had to have it. Also, don't buy something that you know will give you buyers remorse. That's a top 3 hated feeling of mine.

Don't ever shop over guilt, only for love. Go see it in person and see if you fall in love with it. I never thought I'd want a Kelly Retourner or a white bag or even a size 32, but once I saw it I knew I had to have it. Also, don't buy something that you know will give you buyers remorse. That's a top 3 hated feeling of mine.

Thanks, I think you’re right. I hope that when I see it, like you, I’ll know for sure what to do.

Reactions: madamelizaking
I wouldn’t get it. From my own experience, I agree that a black B25 is in super high demand right now so I do think you will need some patience but if your relationship is good enough to have been offered a noir touch B25, a regular B25 shouldn’t be far behind. Wait for what you want. To me, the price isn’t worth it especially if you wear it with the flap tucked in, as most of us do (and then if you add twillies too, you’ve basically covered all “touch” aspects). Good luck deciding!

I wouldn’t get it. From my own experience, I agree that a black B25 is in super high demand right now so I do think you will need some patience but if your relationship is good enough to have been offered a noir touch B25, a regular B25 shouldn’t be far behind. Wait for what you want. To me, the price isn’t worth it especially if you wear it with the flap tucked in, as most of us do (and then if you add twillies too, you’ve basically covered all “touch” aspects). Good luck deciding!

Thanks, I’m going to go in with an open mind and not let FOMO take over my rational side. You make a good point about touch visibility as I do wear my Bs open (don’t like the look of them closed at all) but I also don’t like twillies on B25.

Plus 1 to the above. Buying an exotic is an extremely expensive mistake. Only buy it if you absolutely love it when you see it.

Honestly I never wanted a full-on exotic (my diehard H friends love them though). I came across a Lindy 26 touch in black before and almost got it (but my SA stopped me). I am attracted to the idea of a B25 touch though but will definitely buy only if I truly love.

I would pass. The touch bags are so expensive. As people have said, the flap will likely be tucked in an not seen most of the time. Also agree never to buy just because you don't want to disappoint your SA. And, I don't think the black touch B looks at all like a regular black B. Hold out.

I agree with most people here. They are beautiful bags but just so much more expensive than regular leather and the nicest part is exactly where your hands go! I was offered a B30 Noir touch GHW but passed because I'm awaiting another bag. I am looking for special leathers, so that is why the Touch was brought up. Gorgeous but a pass for me.

Good you're going to see it though! Please post pictures! I didn't even go see the touch I was offered.

Reactions: eckw and ODEDIHAIMS