Toronto Meet on March 14th!!! Anyone...?

Thank you sarah2808 :yahoo: I don't think I'd do a reveal on that bracelet.. I would on a bag perhaps some time ..

You & FB were in gorgeous pair of jeans, and I was the only one in Uggs :crybaby:

Sounds like I missed a great time. :sad: I ended up cancelling my plans yesterday because I'm still sick and I thought about trying to join you but I am really not the best me right now to be making a good impression on anyone new (this is a killer cold. I have never slept so much in my life and wouldn't wish it on anyone. I missed an entire week of work). That said, my DH took pity on me (he is the one who gave it to me, after all) and promised to take me out for a few hours so that I could see the sun and...I placed my SO! After hearing so many people talk about how hard it is to get invited to place an SO I didn't want to risk losing my window of opportunity so I spackled on some makeup, loaded up on the Buckley's and headed out to H. I am quite happy although, oddly, it has not lessened my compulsion to obsessively check ebay, reseller sites etc. That, IMO, is the true illness, and I'm not sure there's any cure for it.

Hopefully there will be another meet and I'll get to tag along. In the meantime, congratulations on your purchase, Calicocat! (We walked out with two orange boxes, neither of which had anything for me in them. Hmph).

sudu - I hope you feel better soon and congratulations on your SO! May I ask for the specs? :graucho:

firstbirkin - many thanks again and I look forward for being invited to more TPF Toronto meetings! Best of luck in your upcoming move..

mattking2000 - no pics unfortunately :sad: Just fond memories ..

*eagerly awaiting the next TO TPF Meet*

sudu - I hope you feel better soon and congratulations on your SO! May I ask for the specs? :graucho:

Oh dear. I knew I was opening myself up for that question. I'm afraid I am a) going to disappoint people and b) look like a total flake after having flipped and flopped so much on my colour choice after so many people were so generous with their advice. I started out so sure I wanted a bright colour and, while I still do, I just could not decide on one. And then I was leaning towards etoupe as a neutral but when I saw the swatch in the store...Perhaps if I saw it on an actual bag it would be different but it did not "sing" to me. So....

Ultimately, the heart wants what it wants and what mine wanted was...black. 35 cm Black togo with PHW, to be precise. I don't dare compare myself to MaiTai, but her style is what I have always aimed for (if not always achieved) and the photos of her with her black Birkin sealed my fate. Also, I realized it was ridiculous to think that I was only ever going to have just one, and it seems to me that the odds of capturing a colour in the wild are better than capturing black (certainly from what I've seen in the Toronto and Paris boutiques), so that was my rationale (in fact, if was very difficult to not take the orange ostrich Bolide that was in the Toronto store yesterday, but my DH was showing uncharacteristic restraint and I didn't want to push my luck).

So there you go. That is my sorry excuse for an SO. If I'm lucky I'll get this 40th birthday present by the time my 42nd rolls around...

Congratulations on your Kelly stretch leather bracelet calicocat!!

sudu...Congratulations on your SO. I am just wondering how the Toronto store works on SO. Did you get invited for the SO or you mentioned it to your SA? Did they confirm your SO for the coming June/July (Did they tell you when they will place your SO)? Sorry for all these questions. I just want to see if the Toronto store is the same as the other H stores on SO. TIA for your help!!!

I do hope to meet everyone soon too!!!

dear TO meet, sorry that I was no show this saturday. I was suppose to fly back to TO friday night, but something came up that I didn't get back to TO until Sunday afternoon. My apologies.
I hope to meet everyone soon!

Sudu - congrats on your order. I can't think of a better reason to go out when sick :biggrin: Fingers crossed that it arrives quickly...!

Thank you first birkin! I'm wishing now I hadn't waited so long to place the order because I might have actually stood a chance of getting it for my birthday if I'd done it when I first had the chance, but I had decided I wasn't going to do it (there's a long story involving my DH accidentally buying last minute first class tickets to France when the airline we were flying on declared bankruptcy 24 hours before our scheduled flight and my resulting decision that this might not actually be the year to be making a Birkin purchase. Last minute first class tickets costing roughly the equivalent of a 35 cm in ostrich. Anyway...). I may not get it in time for my birthday, but I'm still excited. :smile:

Boogee--I don't know that I have a very helpful answer to your question about SOs. Basically I just wandered in one day a year-ish ago and it was the middle of the day, mid-week so I was the only person in the store and the SA and I were chatting and I said I was contemplating getting myself a Birkin for my 40th. To which she responded with her card and an invitation to come back and go through the swatches etc. with her. I lost her card (as noted parenthetically above, I had reason to think I wasn't going to need it after all so I wasn't careful with it, I'm afraid) and panicked when I started reading on here how hard it can be to get to place an SO. But then I essentially had the same conversation/experience when I went in a couple of weeks ago and met a different SA. On neither occasion did I buy anything (although I did after placing the order).

I don't know if this means I got lucky--twice--or if maybe there is something to do with quotas and Toronto having more room? As for timing, I was told anywhere from "8 months to 2 years." Not especially promising but it will give me more time to save, I suppose.

I hope this helps.