Torn! S/S Charcoal Grey VS. F/W Galet Giant City

keh

Happy 2012!
Jun 13, 2009
Hi! I am in need of educated opinion from you helpful ladies! I recently tried on (and loved) the Galet City with the silver hardware, and I cant get it out of my mind! All of the pictures I have seen on this site have only made me like it even more. :love:
However, I'm really worried about the paler colour seeing me through a New York winter (Im moving soon, but my sister has lived there for years and has a pretty black wardrobe!) not least the effect of the snowy weather on the pale leather. Therefore, would the Charcoal be a better colour do you think? I havent seen this one IRL, so I need some advice. Is is a better winter weather colour in the long run? :thinking:
P.S. I have looked in the reference section at the colours - and did note that S/S 2010 included Anthracite, which might be similar to the Charcoal, so the Galet could be a better choice as the colour wont be available after this F/W?
So many questions!! Thank you so much in advance!!

Galet, seems to me, like a very good neutral to have. Like Anthracite (which is a like a charcoal grey). Yes, I say, go ahead to get Galet since it makes your heart sing. Anthracite is available almost every season. And it does seem that Galet is a very popular colour this season.

Hope this helps! And when you get your bag, do have a reveal.

The Balenciaga website still has Charcoal in stock and has seemed to be carrying it for awhile. I was honestly in the same situation as you. I have the Charcoal part time with silver hardware and fell in love with the galet part time with silver too. I think for your situation the charcoal will be better. I have been using mine so much and have had it for almost two years and I would be afraid of how it would look in galet with so much use. If i get galet i will be so careful with it and probably not feel comfortable using it as my daily bag. Hope this helps!

I just got a gsh galet city - Im loving it. Its such a lovely color, not too light at all and is a good neutral. Which colour do you think you would wear more often? I dont think galet is too light that you'll have to baby it much but thats just me!

Hi. You are right - black is a very predominate color in New York. I just got an Anthra city, and it's just a little different from balck, but will still go with everything. I love Galet, but it could get really dirty. Just my opinion....:smile:

Oh Gosh! It is so hard to choose, and you have so many good points! I guess I am also worried about the shade of grey, looking for a warmer colour than cold - if that makes sense! How has the Anthra differed this year? F/W 09 Anthra looks dark/bluey? The subtle differences in colour are wonderful - but confusing!!

I am torn too.

I wear a lot of black too... esp in coming Winter months.

I m deciding between anthra gsh and galet gsh city!

I love the color galet but is worried that its doesn't go too well with dark wardrobe...

anthra on the other hand seems to go with almost everything.

I just bought the galet GSH and love it! Its not that light; its a neutral gray. I live in VA, but travel to NY frequently and I understand the black thing. I say GALET is just as neutral as black. Go for the GALET!